Engine Swap 02 NGC into 00 JTEC - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #1 of 3 Old 04-17-2019, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
james robinson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Question Engine Swap 02 NGC into 00 JTEC

Im surprised to not have found a Thread on this Topic or I have missed it. I bought an Burgundy 02 Durango SLT+ 4.7l RWD back in Dec of 19. Found it for $1200 in Excellent Condition. 116k, One Owner Older Gentleman, Parked Under a Carport its Life, Had ALL Receipts of Work and Fluids Changes, the works...Just last week someone pulled in front of my Wife and it got Totaled. It took out the Bumper Inner & Outer Pass Fender as far as Body goes and screwed up the Swing Arms but that's it. Insurance didnt give me crap for it so Im tight on this swap. I will have photos soon. I had just done ALL Fluid changes again, Flushed Cooling, Replaced Aux and Main Water Pump, a few hoses that were Old and questionable, all sorts of stuff and when I say it runs great....Almost like it was new. So to shorten this Story......

I found a White 2000 Durango SLT 4.7l 4x4 that has a terrible top end knock on the Pass Side in the Valve Cover Area and Trans Shift HARD!!!. Owner only wanted $650 but its also in GREAT Shape Body and Interior but 233K Miles. My initial thought was swapping my 4.7l from RWD 02 into the 4x4 but noticed the 00 has a three Plug ECU and the 02 has a 4 Plug ECU. Researching I found info on the 00 being a JTEC and 02 NGC. I read the Tone Rings could be swapped and how to do it but would really not like to do that....The Question is, Could I swap the Entire Harness from the 02 into the 00 to include the Dash or what am I looking at to swap to not open the Engine that is Running Beautifully?
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-18-2019, 07:05 PM
ECONORAM
Acts 2:38-39

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
I am no expert, but I think you could swap it lock, stock and barrel, harness and all, and it should work. There will be a good deal of tugging and pulling to get the harness out, and then into the other vehicle...

(formerly daveb673)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Inferno Red Quad Cab 4.7L Flex-Fuel 2wd w/545RFE -- LEER XR topper -- Filtermag SS375 --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(now
)--
and "Basking Shark" filter box-- POWERTRAX Lock-Rite --
--
(deleted) -- HO cams -- and now...a cabin air filter!!

2019 Jeep Cherokee -- 2008 Silver Steel Avenger 2.4L 4cyl w/dogomatic [sold] --
-- Filtermag SS300
RETIRED -- me

2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, LA & 75th Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, OK--my sons

--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
post #3 of 3 Old 05-18-2019, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
james robinson

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
In digging around the engine bay this looks very easy. I think my concerns are is the firewall harness pinned the same and the ABS System is a bit different. I might have to change the ABS System over. Come to think of it while everything is out I may replace the dreaded rusted brake lines. How do I determine on whether the trans is a 45 or 545 and will the NGC plug into the 00 Transmission and work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in