Simultaneous issues with wipers, brights, and turn signal - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

Closed Thread

post #1 of 6 Old 01-06-2017, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Moose3145

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Simultaneous issues with wipers, brights, and turn signal

Hey guys,

Newbie here, and largely illiterate when it comes to automotive issues. I'm hopeful you can offer some insight and guidance.

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L. I love my truck, but I'm not sure that the it loves me back! I've had myriad issues with it over the past several months (had to get a rebuilt engine installed, new bearing, brake lines, etc.). Last week, the day I got it back from the shop following the bearing issue, I began having what appears to be an electrical issue. My wipers won't turn on, the headlights are stuck on dim (won't flip to brights), and the turn signals click in the cab but don't actually activate. All three of these functions are on the same lever.

At first I thought it may be a relay issue, as "Wiper High/Low" are on the same cluster in the fuse box (number 60, I believe). Bought a new relay, but it didn't fix the issue.

I researched it further and found that it may be the Front Control Module (if I remember right), which looks to be about a $300 part. Can anybody verify if they think that sounds right, or if it sounds like a different issue? The vehicle repair budget has long since been depleted, but at the same time I'd love to get the truck back on the road again, and hopefully back to 100% for the first time in a long time.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Moose
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-08-2017, 10:40 AM
blk05hemi

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I would take a look/change the multifunction switch first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZEtRwt2BRw

2005 QC S/B Hemi Sport

Performance:Vararam Intake/Dynatech's w/Hi-Flow Cat's&Stage 8's/Borla/Daytona Exhaust/Black Magic E-Fan/Ported&Polished TB/Jet 180* Tsat/Predator Tuner/BellTech swaybar/TA Performance Cover/Amsol Fluid's

Apperance:SRT-10 Rear Spoiler/Hemi badges on scoop/Scoop Insert/Line of Fire/Easy-Down/Painted Caliber's/Billet strut cover's

Interior:Triple Pillar Pod w/Phantom Gauges-Wideband Afr-Oil-Water/Custom led's/Billet-Ram head knob's-Door pin's-Power window panel's-Glove box dash plate& more/Daytona mat's
post #3 of 6 Old 01-08-2017, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Moose3145

(Thread Starter)
Thanks!

I appreciate the insight! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-09-2017, 11:22 AM
blk05hemi

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose3145 View Post
I appreciate the insight! Thanks!
If you deciede to take a look at it to first unhook the neg. cable at the battery and wait 15min.. This way the air bag is disarmed and safe. Good Luck!

2005 QC S/B Hemi Sport

Performance:Vararam Intake/Dynatech's w/Hi-Flow Cat's&Stage 8's/Borla/Daytona Exhaust/Black Magic E-Fan/Ported&Polished TB/Jet 180* Tsat/Predator Tuner/BellTech swaybar/TA Performance Cover/Amsol Fluid's

Apperance:SRT-10 Rear Spoiler/Hemi badges on scoop/Scoop Insert/Line of Fire/Easy-Down/Painted Caliber's/Billet strut cover's

Interior:Triple Pillar Pod w/Phantom Gauges-Wideband Afr-Oil-Water/Custom led's/Billet-Ram head knob's-Door pin's-Power window panel's-Glove box dash plate& more/Daytona mat's
post #5 of 6 Old 01-10-2017, 09:59 AM
HemiLonestar
Red Trucker

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05hemi View Post
I would take a look/change the multifunction switch first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZEtRwt2BRw
^^This for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05hemi View Post
If you deciede to take a look at it to first unhook the neg. cable at the battery and wait 15min.. This way the air bag is disarmed and safe. Good Luck!
^^This and I also turn on the headlight switch after I disconnect the battery just to give any energy left in the capacitor a place to go. I go so far as to hit the brake pedal too in addition to the wait.

03 Hemi Ram, 05 Magnum R/T, 06 Charger R/T

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-15-2017, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Moose3145

(Thread Starter)
Thank you!

Thanks guys! Was definitely the multi function switch. All fixed up and we're back in business. Thanks Again!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in