05 1500 HEMI Camshaft Position Sensor - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #1 of 5 Old 05-04-2019, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
hemified07
hemified07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
05 1500 HEMI Camshaft Position Sensor

Hey guys. I've been a member for a while but this is the first time posting.

So, I'm driving my truck and just hit 250,000 miles and was feeling really good. No major problems over the time I had this truck, just wear and tear items had to be replaced. I made a stop and the truck was hard to start. Had to let it crank for about 5 seconds to start the truck and the CEL was on. Got home and checked it with my code reader. P0335 came up. Went to AutoZone since it was a weekend, replaced the Crankshaft Sensor and the code cleared. A few hours later I got code P0340. Went get the Camshaft Position sensor and replaced it with no change. During the week went to Dodge dealer and got a CMP from them. Installed it and same result; truck hard to start and still getting P0340. I checked the sensor with a multi-meter and everything looks like its working. The 5 VDC and ground are there and once the truck starts, I can see the frequency of the signal from the sensor being sent to the PCM. Frequency gets higher as truck RPM gets higher. Only problem is that the truck is STILL hard to start and code P0340 won't go away. Anyone have any ideas what to do next other than bringing it to the dealer?
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-04-2019, 08:53 AM
txwooley

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Could the timing chain be stretched or the sprockets be worn down enough to throw the cam a few degrees out? The cam position sensor might not be lying to you.

J.T. Wooley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-04-2019, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
hemified07
hemified07

(Thread Starter)
Not sure but I'll look at that next. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-04-2019, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
hemified07
hemified07

(Thread Starter)
Unplugged the connectors the PCM to pin out the wires just to make sure and everything is working now.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-13-2019, 09:00 PM
jim19056

Just went through similar issue where I replaced both the camshaft and crankshaft sensors due to both those codes. I replaced with aftermarket sensors and no change. I pulled the valve covers to find the cam sprocket chains sloppy. I did a complete timing chain set, however, the codes remained afterwards. I scratched my head, but then put the original mopar sensors back in and the codes went away. Long story short, do yourself a favor and get mopar sensors, however the original sensors that you replaced may not be lying. My original sensors were not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in