DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what replacement cat should i buy?????

426 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  stykthyn 
#1 ·
hey guys my catalitaic converts are shot i have a rattle when i get above a certain RMP and my mechanic told me thats the issue now i was wondering what type of cat i should buy i know he said they have to be OBD 2 so..........??????

#2 ·
Do you know what killed your cats in the first place? I assume it has been fixed?

If so I would say go for free flow cats or high flow cats, they will complement the rest of your exhaust system.

#3 ·
most likely an H2o slash a year or so ago, thats about all i can figure, my mechanic told me hes surprised it lasted this long i have 65000 miles on the truck and its still the stocker, ya he kinda laughed when he said that because dodges are supposedly supposed to have Crappy cats??

#4 ·
I have heard they have crummy cats too, don't know how much merit there is to that, I intend on replacing my cats when I roll over 50,000 miles and can replace them Smog legally before they fail.

#5 ·
ya see mine failed and i need something thats somg legal i was at an exhaust shop last week talking to a guy and he said they HAVE to be OBD 2 complian some shart to do with california laws and stuff so i was wondering which are the better companys to buy one from???

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.