DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw this.........and started to drool..lol!

3K views 81 replies 34 participants last post by  fromanhb 
#1 ·
I went to the Home & Garden Show in Fresno yesterday and while I was parking, I happened to find this sweet Mega Cab. It was debadged, so I don't know if it was a 1500 or 2500. It was an SLT with the Hemi in it. Anyways, I thought it looked awesome, so here's a few picts of the beast. The pictures just don't do it just though.

Attachments

See less See more
#52 ·
lol, my 20's aren't blingy 20's, they're a steel wheel with a polished finish, and held up to abuse better than my stock wheels

they're a great off-road wheel

now yes, smaller tires will give more flex

but do the math, he has 15" wheels and 35" tires, tires are 20" taller than the wheels

I had 40" tires and 20" wheels, tires are 20" taller than the wheels

my sidewall flexed plenty for everything but the major hardcore rock climbing, which again, WE DON'T DO in our Rams

again, see quote

Chauncy said:
why argue the practicality of something that's not going to happen?

no, 20" wheels are not practical for rock climbing

people with rams and 20" wheels do not rock climb, but they ARE practical for light mud, light trails, and street duty, which, is what 99% of 3rd gen Ram owners who offroad do!

#54 ·
Chauncy said:
lol, my 20's aren't blingy 20's, they're a steel wheel with a polished finish, and held up to abuse better than my stock wheels

they're a great off-road wheel

now yes, smaller tires will give more flex

but do the math, he has 15" wheels and 35" tires, tires are 20" taller than the wheels

my sidewall flexed plenty for everything but the major hardcore rock climbing, which again, WE DON'T DO in our Rams

again, see quote

no, 20" wheels are not practical for rock climbing

people with rams and 20" wheels do not rock climb, but they ARE practical for light mud, light trails, and street duty, which, is what 99% of 3rd gen Ram owners who offroad do!
some people just dont get that when you spend over about 50,000 on a truck why would you take it off road anyway?

isnt that why people buy old shitty looking trucks?

#55 ·
Chauncy said:

I'm not saying 20s shouldnt be used on a truck.. but 22s with 35s just dont fit right... especially with a lift everythign doesnt look good... yours looks good.. you've got bigger wheels but there is still plenty of sidewall.

#56 ·
75 Power Wagon said:
I'm not saying 20s shouldnt be used on a truck.. but 22s with 35s just dont fit right... especially with a lift everythign doesnt look good... yours looks good.. you've got bigger wheels but there is still plenty of sidewall.
AGAIN.....
chauncy said:
why argue the practicality of something that's not going to happen?

#58 ·
Chauncy said:
no, I wouldn't put 22's and 35's on my TJ to go and tackle moab, but I don't see any of you guys converting your brakes to allow you to run 15's, because your rock climbing forays are hindered by 17's either, so why argue the practicality of something that's not going to happen?
I agree. I had a fullsize Bronco I used to go crawling in. Had 17s when I started and kept tearing up rims / losing the bead. Switched to 15's with 44 inch tires and never had a problem. 15 is the size that most serious off roaders go with. Anything larger isn't really all that practical if you wan't to look at it from a strictly off roading perspective.

This truck doesn't seem to be built for anything other than asphalt to me. Maybe the occasionaly foray in an empty field but nothing serious so it doesn't matter if they are 22s or 15s.

#60 ·
jtcotton said:
I agree. I had a fullsize Bronco I used to go crawling in. Had 17s when I started and kept tearing up rims / losing the bead. Switched to 15's with 44 inch tires and never had a problem. 15 is the size that most serious off roaders go with. Anything larger isn't really all that practical if you wan't to look at it from a strictly off roading perspective.

This truck doesn't seem to be built for anything other than asphalt to me. Maybe the occasionaly foray in an empty field but nothing serious so it doesn't matter if they are 22s or 15s.
finally someone else who thinks the same way.

#65 ·
75 Power Wagon said:
exactly.

I made one post, but chauncy and sam kept it going.

so sam, still want that cookie?
nah bro im good, i wasnt the one walking around like my shit dont stink......

adam and i kept it going because your post made you look like an idiot...your statements were yellow bus retarded.

#67 ·
SamCarroll said:
i think it looks great. Thats the same why i would do it.

but im not old so i like to branch out
it looks like a hay wagon.....all rim and no tire.

#76 ·
SamCarroll said:
so your saying alot of peoples trucks on here are ugly and stupid?
if there tire and wheel combo is like that on a lifted 4x4 then my final answer is YES ! you like it.....i dont.... its not proportioned properly......

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.