DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

very unhappy w/ ebay headlights

4K views 59 replies 22 participants last post by  slvrmagnum 
#1 ·
Alright so i rencently bought the blacked out headlights for my truck. I took forever because i was worried about bad sellers/fitment/quality. Well turns out i should have just avoided this seller all together. Symmic, now with over 100k sales and a 97% positive i would say thats damn good. However these headlights are terrible. First off fitment it ungodly bad, the bolt holes dont line up properly and no matter what i try to do, there is a 1inch gap between the headlight and fender. Put the stock back in and it looks perfect, no need to even wiggle the darn thing. Next complaint, i had the passenger headlight on the truck for NOT EVEN 1 day. There is already moisture inside of it by the blinker bulb.

It gets better this seller is no longer a registered ebay user. GREAT. I just sent him an email and said if i dont hear from him within 2 days i will be filing a complaint with paypal to try and get my money back. This brings me to now. Anyone know a REPUTABLE(sp?) seller for these. I know some will say just remove the reflector and call it good. I want the black look, as i have a black truck.

I just thought i would share my terrible exp.

#30 ·
Oh...nice to hear someone else got fooled too. Got a pair of the blacked out ones for christmas and no install instructions. I found the stock plastic clips in the fender were of higher quality than the ones that came with the lights (by the fact they shattered when I tried to remove them).

This is my first post but been spying for quite sometime on DT and gotten some great ideas. Thanks for sharing with a fellow Dodge fanantic.

#32 ·
Well bad news from my end. Glad to hear it worked out for you. I was supposed to get mine wednesday. DHL never comes. Ok, maybe it is running a little behind. Today, no delivery. I contact the guy, he says; I am sorry but we are all out of stock. Here is a refund. So I don't know how the hell he gave me a tracking number for a package that was never sent, AND it showed my address with a delivery date. But now I have no headlights. :(

#33 ·
That sucks man!!! I know from experience that the sellers sometimes print a shipping label to generate a tracking number, but never send the item so UPS or FEDEX doesn't charge them because the package does not end up in the system. Did you track the package to your address?? Just wondering if you were told someone elses tracking number to keep you quiet for a while until you realized that the package was not coming to your house. Keep the faith, not all sellers are jerks.

#34 ·
Well im glad im not the only one who did this.

I circle the spot where that stupid clip was. Everything works fine now. Just waiting on my streetglows for the headlights and fogs.

#35 ·
Can someone clarify: It looked to me that the x3racing lights are identical to the ones sold by a couple of these ebay places. If I recall though the x3 price was substantially more. Are all these lights made by the same company or are there different brands out there?

#36 ·
I can't answer to what others have purchased, but the one's I got were e-bay-around $100, shipped. I was impressed with the overall quality (except the aforementioned brittle clips). There was quite a range of prices, but all the photos were the same on e-bay. I believe she (bless her heart, she knows new Dodge parts are the way to my emotional side) just went with the lowest priced ones.

#38 ·
NICE!

Did you replace the turn signal bulbs? Did I read on another post that Silverstar makes one that's clear and lights up orange?

#39 ·
Yeah i replaced the blinkers with some apc blue bulbs that light up more whitish. Then the headlights and fogs were replaced with streetglows. Cant wait to see how it looks at night.

#41 ·
I saw quite a difference. I still have the OEM amber marker bulbs in there. The black paint surrounding it gives it, as best I can describe, a smoldering effect. A week after I installed the headlights, I finally broke down and got the Siverstars. Made a huge diff.

I don't get it. Are the APC "blue bulbs" amber burning?

#42 ·
I did my own clear headlights and am running the silverstar headlights/foglights and turn signals. They look sorta bluish chrome and amber at certain angles. But they light up a bright amber, they are cool and complete the look.

KB

Attachments

#43 ·
imthe1nonlyD said:
Wow i feel like a complete idiot. There was a clip on the little clip thing by the blinker that i was supposed to remove.(instructions would have really helped there). I didnt really notice it when i was comparing the lights trying to figure out why they wouldnt fit. But once i took that clip off they fit just fine. The gap is a little bigger than with the stock lights but minimal and it looks awesome. Ill try to post some pics up of what it looked like with that stupid clip on there. Then the pics after it was taken off.
Looks awsome, so do you recommend these lights from this seller Symmic cause they have the best deal on Ebay right now. Did you have to reseal the light cause of the condensation inside??

#44 ·
Tommyboy1 said:
Looks awsome, so do you recommend these lights from this seller Symmic cause they have the best deal on Ebay right now. Did you have to reseal the light cause of the condensation inside??

Reseal them before you put them on. Im going to be taking mine off hopefully saturday and resealing them. Little bit of condensation on the bottom of the lights near the grill. Not HUGE but im always checking them. It bugs me, so hopefully ill have time on saturday to do it.

#45 ·
As far as I can tell Symmic went out of business on Ebay... Odd after 80 gazillion sales like they had. The only seller I can find now is "racinghouse".

Their ad says lights are for 02 03 04 model years - but this should fit 2005 as well, right? All the same aren't they?

#46 ·
HoustonHemi said:
As far as I can tell Symmic went out of business on Ebay... Odd after 80 gazillion sales like they had. The only seller I can find now is "racinghouse".

Their ad says lights are for 02 03 04 model years - but this should fit 2005 as well, right? All the same aren't they?
Symmic has items listed for sale still on ebay.

#47 ·
I got this off another site:

Yesterday I received my black diamond headlamps bought from this eBay ad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8034565618&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

The units look great! I will install them this weekend and post a pic and let you know how they fit.

However, I thought I'd give everyone the heads up on this. The eBay seller from the above ad and the on line seller X3/racing from this on line store: http://www.*************/product.asp?pid=HD-KS-DRAM02-BK# are the same seller according to the addresses.

But here is the kicker: you can get them for $100.01 cheaper on eBay! Man thats enough savings for beer during the install!

#48 ·
I had just checked before posting that and the account Symmic was marked "No longer a registered user" at the time. It does look like they are back now. Although their unsatisfied customer ratio is increasing.

Last 12 months rate of neg feedback is 3.3%
Last 1 month rate is 4.6%

Still a lot of satisfied customers...

SRT10KLLER: I can't see what user you are talking about because that ebay link doesn't work. Can you post which seller ID you are referring to. I looked at X3 and the product apprears to be the same at a greatly inflated price so I'm interested.

#49 ·
I just bought a set from symmic. i'll let you know how it all works out

#50 · (Edited)
#51 ·
imthe1nonlyD said:
Reseal them before you put them on. Im going to be taking mine off hopefully saturday and resealing them. Little bit of condensation on the bottom of the lights near the grill. Not HUGE but im always checking them. It bugs me, so hopefully ill have time on saturday to do it.

Did you take them apart to reseal them or just put a bead of silicone around the outside ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.