DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

very unhappy w/ ebay headlights

4K views 59 replies 22 participants last post by  slvrmagnum 
#1 ·
Alright so i rencently bought the blacked out headlights for my truck. I took forever because i was worried about bad sellers/fitment/quality. Well turns out i should have just avoided this seller all together. Symmic, now with over 100k sales and a 97% positive i would say thats damn good. However these headlights are terrible. First off fitment it ungodly bad, the bolt holes dont line up properly and no matter what i try to do, there is a 1inch gap between the headlight and fender. Put the stock back in and it looks perfect, no need to even wiggle the darn thing. Next complaint, i had the passenger headlight on the truck for NOT EVEN 1 day. There is already moisture inside of it by the blinker bulb.

It gets better this seller is no longer a registered ebay user. GREAT. I just sent him an email and said if i dont hear from him within 2 days i will be filing a complaint with paypal to try and get my money back. This brings me to now. Anyone know a REPUTABLE(sp?) seller for these. I know some will say just remove the reflector and call it good. I want the black look, as i have a black truck.

I just thought i would share my terrible exp.

#2 ·
Well, I am getting some this wednesday, different seller though. Hopefully mine are good. If that is the case, I will tell you who I bought them from. Some here will tell you to take out the reflector and paint it black. Myself, I do not feel confident enough that I would do a good job, so I went with aftermarkets. I will let you know when they arrive this Wednesday.

#3 ·
thanks, i appreciate it. I dont see how mine done fit though. I mean i know they dont but they look just like the stock headlights in every way. Oh well, the seal sucks so they are gettin returned for sure.

#5 ·
Try this link on the web. X3racing (for some reason this site won't let me post the www address) Click on the euro headlights and enter your vehicle. It's for Black and Chrome headlights for our trucks. Many members of DodgeTruckWorld have bought from these folks with great results. Good Luck!

#8 ·
krispy05 said:
you could do it yourself for less than $5 and about an houre of your time.
im hopefully doing this tomorrow (painting the housing black), maybe i should to a tutorial?
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30035
Here is a very well written thread on clearing headlights, written by Bubba_Hemi, a member on here. The instructions are accompanied by numerous photos to help out.

I bought mine on Ebay, from a different seller, I believe. There were no problems with fitment, but it did include in the package a note telling you to put clear silicon around the headlight assembly to prevent moisture inside the housing.

#10 ·
#11 ·
Dang sorry to hear about your troubles with your purchase. Things like that makes you want to stop modding. Try x3racing they are a good co. I bought some taillights for my suv and they fit perfect as well. if not you could always resell tehm local or on ebay.

#12 ·
imthe1nonlyD said:
First off fitment it ungodly bad, the bolt holes dont line up properly and no matter what i try to do, there is a 1inch gap between the headlight and fender. Put the stock back in and it looks perfect, no need to even wiggle the darn thing.
Almost sounds like they sent you the headlight for a 2nd gen truck. Just a thought.

#13 ·
No, its def. not a 2ng gen light. It looks like the stock headlights. It just doesnt fit right. I put the stock pass. light next to the aftermarket one and they *seem* to be exactly the same. But the stock like slides right in PERFECTLY, while the aftermarket one just wont go in all the way. Maybe if i have a little bit of time tomorrow ill try and again and post some pics.

#15 ·
JeffB2002 said:
The headlights are different for 2 Gen and 3 Gen trucks, at least I thought so.
That's why I wondered if they sent the wrong one. He said that there was about a 1" gap between the light and the hood. 2nd Gen headlights are shorter than the 1st gen. He also said the bolts weren't lining up.

He mentions above that it is the right headlight, so it sounds like it is just poor material and/or workmanship.

#16 ·
Yeah, i had a 2nd gen before this. But your right, not even close to looking the same. Ill try to get pics up to show everyone where the problem is. I also drove maybe 4 miles with the aftermarket on last night. Aim was waaaay off.

#17 ·
For those wanting the "chrome look" I know that a member modded his home brew cleared headlights. He went to a vinyl sign shop and asked for a small piece of chrome vinyl. He cut it into small little squares big enough to cover the holes. He put the vinyl sticker over them, you couldn't even tell there were holes before. It was really not noticeable at all.

KB

#19 ·
If you're paint matching the lights, use body filler. If you're just wanting the chrome... it's either the holes or get some vinyl dot stickers.

#20 ·
Man...I was looking into getting some of these as well...I liked the look of them.

Guess I will have to try that other place that people are recommending.

#21 ·
Those are the same lights I had a group buy on through x3racing. Nobody I know of had fitment problems. Did you remove the tabs off the stock set and put on the new set? There is a tab/clip thing that may have to be swapped on the back of the lights. Other than that I don't know.

#22 ·
FreakshowWilly said:
Those are the same lights I had a group buy on through x3racing. Nobody I know of had fitment problems. Did you remove the tabs off the stock set and put on the new set? There is a tab/clip thing that may have to be swapped on the back of the lights. Other than that I don't know.
The back of the stock lights and the ones i got look pretty identicle to me. I compared them so i could attempt to figure out why they wouldnt fit. So i dont think anything needed to be swapped. Again ill try to get some pictures tomorrow.

#23 ·
Wow i feel like a complete idiot. There was a clip on the little clip thing by the blinker that i was supposed to remove.(instructions would have really helped there). I didnt really notice it when i was comparing the lights trying to figure out why they wouldnt fit. But once i took that clip off they fit just fine. The gap is a little bigger than with the stock lights but minimal and it looks awesome. Ill try to post some pics up of what it looked like with that stupid clip on there. Then the pics after it was taken off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.