DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fog lights

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Ram1878 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 Dodge ram 1500 I believe the model is an ST. Trying to install fog lights. I bought the lights, gray bracket that the fog's sit in and a new switch as the original one has a regular switch.

1. Do I have to buy a special harness for the fog lights or can I buy one that is universal?

2. looks like the switch has a 2nd hole for the fog lights do I need to buy something special that runs from the switch to the lights?

#2 ·
If you're putting in the OEM lights you'll need the OEM switch with fog lights that you pull out to illuminate. Then its just a matter of finding the plug near the bumper, add a fuse and presto.

I also have an ST but I chose to add brighter driving lights to help at night and in mts so I wired my own harness and used a relay with a switch mounted where the mirror switch would be on a SLT. Found a round switch that lights up and it looks almost factory.

Also, the stock switches are pretty weak so that's another reason I didn't want extra load on it as I already have cab lights tapped in.

#4 ·
Couldn't tell ya. Years since I researched lights before doing my own setup. From what I remember, guys would get the lights, switch and fuse. Maybe google for some old posts even on other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.