DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

very unhappy w/ ebay headlights

4K views 59 replies 22 participants last post by  slvrmagnum 
#1 ·
Alright so i rencently bought the blacked out headlights for my truck. I took forever because i was worried about bad sellers/fitment/quality. Well turns out i should have just avoided this seller all together. Symmic, now with over 100k sales and a 97% positive i would say thats damn good. However these headlights are terrible. First off fitment it ungodly bad, the bolt holes dont line up properly and no matter what i try to do, there is a 1inch gap between the headlight and fender. Put the stock back in and it looks perfect, no need to even wiggle the darn thing. Next complaint, i had the passenger headlight on the truck for NOT EVEN 1 day. There is already moisture inside of it by the blinker bulb.

It gets better this seller is no longer a registered ebay user. GREAT. I just sent him an email and said if i dont hear from him within 2 days i will be filing a complaint with paypal to try and get my money back. This brings me to now. Anyone know a REPUTABLE(sp?) seller for these. I know some will say just remove the reflector and call it good. I want the black look, as i have a black truck.

I just thought i would share my terrible exp.

#52 ·
I havent done it yet....MN decided to go from 40 which is nice for this time of year down to about 10. So when it warms up a little ill do it. Ill just put it around the light. Dont wanna take it apart yet.

#53 ·
SRT10KLLR said:
or item #: 8034791526
None of the links work, but the auction number does. Thanks. Their price is even cheaper than what I had been seeing. Of course all of the places selling these on EBay are charging outrageous shipping ($30 to $40) but you still come out ahead.

#54 ·
Thanks KB112. I overcame my confusion (not all states require amber turns) and picked up the Silverstar turns. Your right, completes the look. I could believe how much the amber bulb reflected off the lens. Much better now.

#55 ·
Well i put on the lights i got from Symmic, they look and fit the same as stock IMO, bought the Silverstar amber turns signal bulbs (3157/4157a st) and all is good to go..The two halves were sealed the same as stock so i didnt want to goo it up with more silicone, if they get condensation then i'll worry about it but for now all is good!!!

#56 ·
Tommy, look out on the lower corners on the inner part by the grill. Thats where im getting some fogging. I've applied silicone on them both and 2 coats on the passenger one and its still getting in there. Im starting to get frusrtated.

#57 ·
imthe1nonlyD said:
Tommy, look out on the lower corners on the inner part by the grill. Thats where im getting some fogging. I've applied silicone on them both and 2 coats on the passenger one and its still getting in there. Im starting to get frusrtated.

You may have to take them apart and reseal them, i hope that aint the case but i would assume you would have to do the oven trick to get them apart and then reapply a better sealant so no leaks can happen, just a thought

#59 ·
slvrmagnum said:
make sure it is not leaking from where the bulbs are inserted... I know that can be a problem area also...

If it was how to fix that?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.