DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Driver Side Wind problems..

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  MikeHo808 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever experienced the following?

At speeds of 50mph or faster on windy days, my Driver Side door flutters as if wind is getting caught in the door. This is very frustrating because if the wind conditions aren't perfect, the dodge service technicians don't witness the phenomenom, and cannot address the problem.

With this, I've also noticed that my driver side door does not close completely flush with the rear door. There is a noticeable "lip" that is not present on the passenger side doors.

I am to the point, that I hate driving it on windy days.

#4 ·
I have a 2004 Quad Cap Dodge Ram and I have actually had passengers tell me that it is so annoying that they themselves would NOT buy my truck because of that single reason. I must admit, it is VERY noisy on windy days.

Question: My truck doors closed much quiter and softer than they do now... Is there a pad or new rubber that I can buy to soften the closing of my doors?

#7 ·
hey mayo, what is the door striker and how do u adjust it cause i have the same problem with the wind.

#9 ·
My dad had this problem the dealer passed it up 2 times before they fixed it they said it was something to do with the gasket losing its seal during a crosswind they tightened the door up and it seems to have solved the problem. Oh forgot to mention his is an 05 quadcab.

#10 ·
mayo said:
striker is the part on the door jamb that the door latches to .... use a the apropiate torx bit to loosen bolts just ever so slightly and tap inward towards the interior..dont let it move up or down ,or then the door latch will drag on it .
Exactly right, I had this same probelm. Looked everywhere for a fix. I ended up moving the striker in.... maybe 1/4". Thats all it took.

#11 ·
update...

Thanks for all the input. I had the striker moved back today. The door definitely closes flush now.

Also, I have not heard the wind problem yet. Today was pretty windy too.

I hope this does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.