DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got Wrecked.... what do you think will happen??

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  sethro 
#1 ·
I hope this doenst get move... o well if it does.... I hang out here the most, so I thought I'd post this here.

My bro has a 04 Stratus SXT, he was driving home yesterday and got rear ended by a 1/2 ton Chev, which pushed him into the back of a Tahoe. The car is messed up pretty bad... he drove it home from the scene. The fender rubs on the tires pretty good, it made it home with no problems.

My question to you all, while we wait for insurance to decide what their course of action will be, We want to get ideas on what you think might happen in this particular case.

the air bags didn't deploy. The car is in driveable condition, so was not that damaged.... Some guy thinks theres $7500 worth of damage on the car... its hard to say... the rear bumper and trunk are pretty mashed in, the front bumper and fenders are mashed in....

Do you think insurance will total the vehicle or repair? The KBB value on the car is $9-10K and my brother owes $13K (don't ask...).

Me personally, I think they'll just fix it. My Gramps has been in the AutoBody business for 50 years now and I've seen what they can do with cars now adays which leads me to believe the Ins. Co. will not total the car. I got in an accident (my fault) and the air bags deployed... the damage to the car could have been repair with a fender, headlight, hood and bumper and a little Frame-machine work. I bought a new car the next day and I kid you not... a week later, my wife got hit by someone running a red-light and the air bags didn't deploy... the car looked a mess and non-repairable.... I was surprised when the Ins.Co. said they'll fix it....

What do you guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
My wife got rear ended in a Sebring Convert. and all that was messed up was the trunk was caved in and rear bumper broke off. Took it to 3 body shops; average was about $7500. We drove it for 3 weeks waiting for his insurance had no problems at all and it drove good. Well they totaled it out; KBB was $14k and only owed $9k so it all worked out (oh other Driver was drunk too). But based on what you are saying I would say its going to be totaled out.

Sorry and hope everyone is OK.

#3 ·
Yeah, that sounds like it will be totaled. These pieces can get expensive

#4 ·
yea my girl got hit by a guy that ran a stop sign in her saturn.they totaled it.it was worth 5,000 had over 7,000 damageis soo yea

#5 ·
It got hit in the front and the back and the bags didn't deploy? Something isn't right...........

#7 ·
Hopefully, he's got GAP insurance.

#8 ·
If I'm not mistaken they will total it if the damages exceed 80% of the KBB value.

#9 ·
Bags not deploying have to do with G-forces. Being that he was hit from behind first then hit the vehicle in front his deceleration didn't produce enough g-forces to deploy the bad. Take a vehicle and hit the bumper right where the sensor is and it probably will not go off either. And sorry to say it probably will be totaled according to my sister who is an insurance adjuster for the past 18 years.

#10 ·
Gap Insurance

#11 ·
It depends on your Inc Co as far as how close the repairs must come to the value of the vehicle before they fix it or total it. Sometimes it's 80%, sometiems 50%, so it just depends. If you can drive it, I'd think they will repair it, but that's just my $0.02.

~F. Johnny

#12 ·
I guess I should post a reply....

well low and behold the insurance company repaired the car....

No my bro is pissed because he is driving around a lemon (so he thinks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.