DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Point me in the direction of exhaust.

897 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Dodge_Tomahawk 
#1 ·
My next step in modding my truck will most likely be exhaust. I will definitely be going with dual rear exhaust, but don't know which brand. I want one that is quiet when cruising, but sounds decent when nailing it. Also, it should add a good amount of performance, with little or no low-end loss. I have an 05 Ram RC btw. What do you recommend?

#2 ·
I love my Flowmaster 40 but you want it quiet while cruising so I would reccommend a Magnaflow.

#3 ·
From what I have read so far, I seem to like the sound of flowmaster, but is a little loud, even 50 series. I heard that magnaflows are quieter. I heard some sound clips on this site of flowmasters, but does anyone have a clip of magnaflow?

#4 ·
Ok i have a magna flow and i can say this.... off the gas, in cruise control, taking it easy ..its quiet nice and comfortable ...but reving, and getting on it ..woohoo it comes to life baby. I love the sound but driving, takeing it easy its quiet enough to sneek into the driveway when comming home late!!! lol my buddy with a corvette has said many time he wished his vette sounded like my truck

#5 ·
Well, I don't have any sound clips but if you like the sound of a Flow then you should check out a 50 series or even the one that they make specifically for the Hemi (can't remember what they call it). Personally I don't like the sound of any of the quieter Flowmasters, they all sound......well, muffled lol. I guess that's why I would steer you towards a Magnaflow, I had one on my last truck and it sounded good, this one just sounds meaner.

#6 ·
I took the resonator off mine and there is noticeable cabin drone when cruising. If you want it more quiet, leave the resonator on and get a Magnaflow exhaust. You can cruise quietly but yet have a nice deep roar when you hit it.

#7 ·
As a temporary fix(or perm if I like it), I may remove the resonator from my truck. Will it have to be cut off or does it slide off, clamped?

#8 ·
I just went with dual magnaflow a little while ago. You can hear it on the freeway though. Its definitely not as quiet as my single magnaflow. I can say, however, that I lost no low end and my gas mileage is the same. The only difference is its louder. I did go with the 2 1/4 out because I didn't want to lose anything and the butt dyno says I didn't. Sorry no sound clips. Mine is 18" but its the only 2 1/4 magnaflow I found. If you want a little quieter you can go with a 24" 2 1/2 out dual. I also ran the pipes out the sides in back just in front of the rear bumper.

#9 ·
I have dual with a small magnaflow and it drones like crazy at 2K. I also felt like I lost some low-end, so tomarrow I am going back to single 3" with a performance magnaflow Y pipe and a Flowmaster 50 series SUV (larger then HD). The magnaflow muffler sounded good outside of truck but like I said droned alot.

#10 ·
I just got magnaflow and I am very happy with it. People talk about drone (with both flowmaster and magnaflow) but I have no drone on mine. It sounds great when I hit it too.

I am working on getting sound clips up here... look for a thread from me in the next few days (hopefully tonight)

#11 ·
I just bought a Gibson Extreme Dual for my 03 Hemi this week. I'll let you know how it sounds.

#13 ·
i had a glasspak installed and left the resonator on ...no drone at all and it sounds good. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.