DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi v.s. vortec max!

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  dodge stinger 
#1 ·
one of my buds just got a 4 door silverado with a vortec max in it! i drive a single cab rumble bee, and i figure i can prolly beat him but i was just wantin everyones opinion on it b4 i race him! i drove his truck and it is pretty fast and the throttle response is pretty good but im pretty sure with the weight diff. i wud win!

#2 ·
i would think so just because of the power to weight diffrence. but i dont know the specs on the "max" all thoguh if you mod your truck i know that you will win. but you gotta remember someone will alwase be fast no matter what you do.

#3 ·
It's a tough one to call, I know that vortec max is rated the exact same as the hemi. Not really sure what one of those new cheby's weighs but I do know that with r torque management it might have half a chance. I'd like to say you would win but am not sure, give it a shot!

#5 ·
only one way to know for sure...LINE THEM UP!!! :D

#6 ·
That one may come down to the driver... it would be close I think. I wish somebody would race me....

#7 ·
If there both autos theres not really much a driver can do. Brake stall a bit but after that it its just mash the gas. if the chevy is a manual (unlikely) he would have a slight advantage if he knew what he was doing. but since the new six speed auto is out, i dont think they have a man. trans?

#9 ·
I think you'd probally win, I'm pretty sure the Hemi is producing a little more power than the Vortech Max. Also your a regular cab & he is? Is he an ext. cab or 4 full-doors?

#11 ·
I had always heard that chevys were a little bit light. Something to do with thier front end not being fully boxed.

#13 ·
well, last night i raced him from a rolling start of about 15mph! the reason being b/c the roads were kinda wet and neither of us would have gotten any traction. when we took off i jumped on him and his front end was on my bumper and i barely started pulling on him b/f we had to let off at 70 b/c the road ran out! but when it dries up then we are gonna race from a dead stop! but im pretty sure after that then i will beat him pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.