DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1st Gen Rams - Post Your Pics

293K views 500 replies 184 participants last post by  Outdoorguy2468 
#1 ·
i couldnt find any pic threads of 1st gen rams so thought i would start one. ( I didnt look very hard)

My dads 89 1500 318 4x4 pic doesnt do justice

See less See more
#14 ·
Those are some nice looking trucks. My brother had a 90 was well as a 92 CTD, both of them were jaw droping.

#18 ·
Nice trucks y'all!

I am looking for a nice 1st or 2nd gen to start an off-road project with.

#20 ·
What exactly is the 5.9 TBI? I'm not familiar at all with the 1st gens. Is that the 5.9L 360ci gas engine in the 2nd gens or something else? I'm still learning on the 1st gens ;)

#21 ·
Never mind, I asked my dad about it. We have I think a '76 Ramcharger here at the shop he used to duck hunt with, and I want to transplant the carburated 5.9 and 4x4 axles/drivetrain into a D150 RC/LWB we have sitting here at the shop. The Ramcharger does have a 727 :rck:

#23 ·
Currently I'm using whatever we have laying around the shop because I don't have to spend money on it :D

After we have the drivetrain and motor transferred and get a new driveshaft made to fit the long bed then I'll take it on a few light test runs then bring it back into the shop and start customizing it (8" total of lift, 37's on 18x10's or so, performance modifications, etc.)

I took a couple of minutes to check out the body, frame, engine, and interior and I'm surprised the body doesn't have any major damage besides some surface rust and the interior is rough but that just makes it easier to customize ;) It's a 1985 D150 Royal SE with the 318 5.2L. The engine was running when it was parked but has a blown head gasket and transmission problems which is making me want to transfer the 5.9 over to it.

This thread is about pics so I snapped a few during lunch break.

My dad bought it to take some parts off and put it on his '83 Ramcharger after a tree fell on it so it's not a looker now, but just wait.

#24 ·
Oh and who knows... we have a 1977 D350 sitting at our shop with a early 80's 440 high performance engine we put in for the customer years ago... maybe I could put that in my project rig :rck:

#25 · (Edited)
The one in my sig is my 92 D150, I ordered in Feb of 92 and took delivery April 1st 92 and still have , I don`t drive it much , its garage kept and not driven in snow or rain. mods: Lund lighted visor, Lund steps, tonneau cover, bug shield, Hella lights, lighted guide poles. 5 running lights across tailgate, JCW Black headlights,84 Ramcharger chrome trim taillights, Chrome step bumper (just got at Carlisle 08, it had a painted one) 5.2 Magnum (318) ,Summit headers, Accel coil, throttle body spacer, Mopar hi-perf. computer ,K&N filter, 3 inch exhaust (single) Flowmaster 40 muffler, 4.10 Sure-grip rear with chrome cover( had 3.55 open) Autometer Tach, 90 Ramcharger 2WD wheels, 2.55/70. 15 tires (had 225/65.15s) Pioneer cd/am/fm stereo, I do bracket race it occasionally, its won the P/U Truck Challenge at Island Dragway 3 of the last 4 years r/u the other and was r.u in Street Eliminator at Chryslers at Carlisle/ Quarter Aces Dragway in July 08, I have a Turbo-Action shift kit to put in and some day would like to put a Mopar crate 360 motor in.

#27 ·
I`ll try

Attachments

#28 · (Edited)
The first picture was taken at Englishtown during the Mopar Atlantic Nationals a few years ago I was racing my truck in Ram Tuff Eliminator and my race car in Pro. The second picture was taken 2 years ago at my home track Island Dragway I beat the Camaro in the picture and went to the Final Round in Street Eliminator and lost. The last photo was taken in my driveway a few months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.