My date with hurricane Rita - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 22 Old 10-03-2005, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Grey Ghost

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Well, I change my oil over the weekend. Got rid of the "dino juice" and went back with Mobil 1 synthetic alang ith a Mobil 1 filter. I didn't see any of that tell-tale milky color in my old oil while dumping, so that's a good sign. I did, however, see what appeared to be rust on the top part of my power steering pump tank. I got a turkey baster, sucked out all of the oild fluid I could, and replaced with fresh fluid. I thought I'd do this a couple of more times within the next week-two weeks.
Looking over my tranny though, I think I'd be better of taking it to a shop where they can put it on a rack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 Old 10-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Binksman
Binksman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a similiar flooding experience years ago in TN while driving my 39 2wd Dak. V6 5-speed and water up to the headlights while moving. I had NO water in any fluids, but I changed the differential fluid just to be sure. Nothing else had any fluid in it. The manual transmissions are sealed. Unless you had a pre-existing leak from (IE) the seal at the output end of the transmission, I wouldn't worry about it. The power steering fluid isn't sealed air tight, but if there isn't any added volume at the fluid box, I wouldn't worry. Hydrolic systems tend to push water out on their own in my experiences. Otherwise I would just check my fluids frequently for the next few months.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in