BackFire - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 25 Old 06-17-2009, 07:07 AM
lastrights

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
are you getting the m1 or the edlebrock airgap ??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2000 dodge ram 5.9 longtube headers ,1.7 harland sharps,52mm fastman,K&N CAI,,SCT TUNED airgap FI
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 06-17-2009, 07:33 PM
canadian_mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Indy View Post
Call around till you find someone with a Snap On MT2500 or Genesis scanner. Dealers should be able to do it as well with a DRBIII though it seems most dont know what your talking about if you ask

It's true lol, I work at a dealer and if you asked some of them they might not know what your talking about, although its really only something you would really know if youve had to deal with it,also its pretty rare that any dealer needs to do this.

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Driftwood 4x4 SLT Ext. Cab
BDS 3" suspension lift
285/75R16 Toyo Open Country M/T
Pacesetter Long tube headers with dual exhaust
AFE Stage 2 Cold air intake
Superchips 3715 programmer
And one sweet rockerguarded gas cap

Trucks and Guns Club member #137
post #23 of 25 Old 06-17-2009, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
ozplanet
Just Call Me Oz

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrights View Post
are you getting the m1 or the edlebrock airgap ??
I already have the M1 so I will give that a try next. Right now with the way it is I cannot do a burnout. The engine will not push enough. I got the truck to do a burn out once. It took a while to get the revs up but once it hit 2500 rpm WOW it hit hard. I left a huge patch. I will have to go back and take pictures.

The only reason I can explain for the lack of low end power is the fact that I ended up reusing the old timing chain since I broke the new one. So the cam could be retarded a few degrees.

I have a new chain, I finally have the retainers. So I can install the new higher lift springs and 1.7 rr along with the M1.

I am sure a computer tune would help also...but when it comes to mailing stuff I am such a procrastinator. I already paid for a tune I just have to send the computer in.

Speaking of tuning which do you think I should send in the stock computer or the MP computer. I still need to pass emission so I am worried that the new tune will not pass and if it does not pass which would I have a better chance at passing with the MP or stock ?

94 SLT 1500
Flat Black 2wd

Mods: M1 / Comp Cams / 4.10 / 20" 3rd Gen Rims / 4/6 Drop / Flow Master 40's / All New Skins /

2010 Sport Crew Cab Black 4x4 5.7 3.92 Sport hood 10 Speaker Alpine w/nav

Mods: Diablo 91 Canned Tune / Billet Tech Oil Catch Can / Vararam Intake / Magnaflow Muffler / All Interior|Exterior Bulbs LED White / Recon Smoked 3rd Brake Light / Recon LED Light Bar / Orange Striping / Lockpick / Debaged|Murdered / 2 12" Foxbox / 2 Alpine SWR-12D4 Subs / NVX JAD1200.1 1200w amp / Flat Black VIP Wheels VP2 / Black & Orange Leather / Orange Interior Accents with Gloss Black /

Soon: Race Rotors / EBC Yellow Stuff /

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 Old 06-18-2009, 11:24 AM
RM Indy
Ram Racer

Retarded cam timing may scream in the upper rpms but will be a dog off the line.

I would get the stock pcm flashed and leave the MP PCM as is. Should be able to pass with the tuned pcm but if it wont, just swap back to the MP PCM shouldnt have a problem passing with it. Whats the cam specs?

11 Bighorn 4x4 5.7, K&N FIPK, BD GT+, Herculiner, Extang Encore, Bedrug
Toy...96 Ram Indy
408ci/8.5cr all forged/billet
Procharger D-1SC (polished) w/3core a/a intercooler

Tons of pics, timeslips, videos, installs, downloads & more check out

(ets in sig pic = mild 360 w/7psi @ approx 390-400rwhp)

post #25 of 25 Old 06-18-2009, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
ozplanet
Just Call Me Oz

Garage
(Thread Starter)
212/218 @5 114 LSA I know the cam will pass...That's why I choose it

94 SLT 1500
Flat Black 2wd

Mods: M1 / Comp Cams / 4.10 / 20" 3rd Gen Rims / 4/6 Drop / Flow Master 40's / All New Skins /

2010 Sport Crew Cab Black 4x4 5.7 3.92 Sport hood 10 Speaker Alpine w/nav

Mods: Diablo 91 Canned Tune / Billet Tech Oil Catch Can / Vararam Intake / Magnaflow Muffler / All Interior|Exterior Bulbs LED White / Recon Smoked 3rd Brake Light / Recon LED Light Bar / Orange Striping / Lockpick / Debaged|Murdered / 2 12" Foxbox / 2 Alpine SWR-12D4 Subs / NVX JAD1200.1 1200w amp / Flat Black VIP Wheels VP2 / Black & Orange Leather / Orange Interior Accents with Gloss Black /

Soon: Race Rotors / EBC Yellow Stuff /

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in