simple performance enhancements, 92 D250 - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 26 Old 06-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Speed Dragon
Aka Force Fed Mopar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Speed Dragon
All the parts store will carry the gasket set, and they should have the TB gasket too.

Rob M.
'93 D150 RC SWB, 5.2 Magnum, NV4500 5-spd, 9.25" diff
'72 D100 RC LWB, PT project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 Old 06-04-2009, 06:26 PM
B-300
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes

Brass fittings are good for transmission cooler lines. Use transmission cooler hose as it's made to take the temperature and pressure. (Fuel line will work in a emergency but isn't correct for long term reliability.

Ram Van/Wagon Club Member #4
B-300
post #23 of 26 Old 06-09-2009, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
validius

(Thread Starter)
Well, the manifold is reinstalled but it will not start. We wernt able to replace the gasket/spacer between the tbody and the intake manifold. She is backfiring when i try to start, every now and then she will catch on one cylinder. The plugs are dry but there is plenty of fuel getting in. I have a new spacer/gasket im putting in tonight. the spark plugs are connected according to the diagram in the manual. Unfortunately, the timing scale with the 0 mark and the +- 10 degrees is missing. I found the mark on the balancer.

Given that the plugs are dry and the intake mani is wet with fuel I'm assuming the old spacer is leaking massively and the backfires I'm seeing are lean pops. If the new spacer doesn't fix it im gonna use a dowel rod inside the spark plug hole to verify TDC of cyl 1 and compare it to where the distributor is pointed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 Old 06-10-2009, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
validius

(Thread Starter)
OK, she runs again!

The previous owner installed the distributor 45 degrees too far counter clockwise. It was firing cyl 2 when it should have been firing cyl 1. I moved the spark plug wires one unit clockwise and she fired right up.

So here is my question. This is screwing up the hall effect sensor in the distributor right? This would cause it not to advance properly right? Or is the sensor simply for giving the ECU RPM not absolute position of the rotor?
post #25 of 26 Old 06-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Speed Dragon
Aka Force Fed Mopar

Send a message via AIM to Speed Dragon
I don't think it matters on a TBI setup. Also, the dizzy only goes in 2 ways, it has a screwdriver-like tip that fits in a slot in the oil pump drive gear. So it is either installed right, or 180 degrees out, in which cause it definitely would not run. So I would say it is in there right.

Rob M.
'93 D150 RC SWB, 5.2 Magnum, NV4500 5-spd, 9.25" diff
'72 D100 RC LWB, PT project
post #26 of 26 Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
validius

(Thread Starter)
While the gear may be in the correct position the portion of the dizzy that holds the cap is off according to the hayes diagram which indicates the position of the wires relative to the clips that hold the cap. If its not throwing off the sensor having it wrong i don't care.

In other news the temp sensor went bad so i got another one from Murrays but i think its wrong... the gauge reads high but the infared temp sensor says the hottest spot on the motor is the heater hoses which were 200F. I ordered a VDO gauge setup that i'l use instead of the stock gauge. Also in that setup are a tach and a trans temp gauge.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in