Mixing 2 stroke oil with fuel - Page 3 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #41 of 45 Old 07-07-2009, 10:05 PM
cmns2500
Senσr Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cmns2500 Send a message via Yahoo to cmns2500
uh, these trucks don't have cats, so, they don't have o2 sensors, there's a guy on another forum that has ran two stroke TCW3 oil on his 02 24 valve truck for over 100k miles w/ NO problems at all...

yeah, that's on the SAME VP too, all mine have been able to get is around 33k average.....

you gotta throw out EVERYTHING you know about gassers when ya talk diesel engines...

CJ AKA Homie Mango

02 Taco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 Old 07-07-2009, 10:23 PM
starcop

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, My bad, I have heard of Diesel guys running oil in the fuel. I guess it can't hurt; after all doesn't the fuel have oil additives any way. I zipped through the post last read, so yeah, it was my bad. later "Dolp"!
post #43 of 45 Old 07-07-2009, 10:26 PM
cmns2500
Senσr Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cmns2500 Send a message via Yahoo to cmns2500
imo, ATF ain't a good thing to run, WVO when filtered is ok, but, the best damn additive you can have is a few gallons of B10 or 20, if you can find it, there's none around me, so, i use wally world TCW3 Super Tech two stroke oil...

CJ AKA Homie Mango

02 Taco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 45 Old 08-27-2009, 12:47 AM
GTSDave

I have an 01 with a few mods. For at least 50k I ran my used oil through it. Basically a couple of quarts with each fill up. Once I went through a couple of lift pumps, I switched over to an air dog setup. The used oil clogged the filter up right away, so I don't use it anymore.

It has been at least 30k since I quit using anything other than diesel in the truck. I now have reason to believe my VP is starting to go on me. My neighbor lost his VP within about a month of the ULSD came out. I was lucky min is still chugging along, but I have been experiencing harder starts at times. Instead of the usual half turn of the engine before it lights, it turns over for 5 or 10 seconds sometimes before it lights. Fuel pressure and everything else seems to be good. Also just adjusted the valves this past weekend with no changes. Sometimes it starts quick, sometimes not. But it never starts the way it used to. I swear it would light on the first compression stroke until it hit about 190k. That is when the problems started. No one else seems to notice, but when you have been driving one as long as I have, you get to know it's quirks.

I was using BioDiesel for a while, but it got to be a pain to get out there to fill up, and sometimes they were completely out. Now days their price isn't all that good either.

I have thought about running Marvel Mystery oil, but I am afraid the red dye in it could get me popped if my tank got dipped by popo. We still have a farm back home and they have been known to show up at the sale barns and dip the tanks of the trucks in the parking lots. So Marvel Mystery oil is out.

I will give the 2cycle oil a try.

Oh and for the list of mods, RV275 injectors, Swapped out the HY35 for an HX35, Smarty programmer, 4" MBRP exhaust with a Donaldson Muffler from Ryder Truck The usual gauges, and an AirDog with Draw straw and large lines. Goerand Tranny with billet converter.

I am just under 200k with her right now, and if the VP goes out I will probably go with one of the hot rod ones.

-Dave
post #45 of 45 Old 08-27-2009, 08:58 AM
pepsi71ocean
Much too young to focus,

Send a message via AIM to pepsi71ocean Send a message via MSN to pepsi71ocean
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSDave View Post
I have an 01 with a few mods. For at least 50k I ran my used oil through it. Basically a couple of quarts with each fill up. Once I went through a couple of lift pumps, I switched over to an air dog setup. The used oil clogged the filter up right away, so I don't use it anymore.
15w-40 is why to thick, and a couple of quarts is alot.

Quote:
It has been at least 30k since I quit using anything other than diesel in the truck. I now have reason to believe my VP is starting to go on me. My neighbor lost his VP within about a month of the ULSD came out. I was lucky min is still chugging along, but I have been experiencing harder starts at times. Instead of the usual half turn of the engine before it lights, it turns over for 5 or 10 seconds sometimes before it lights. Fuel pressure and everything else seems to be good. Also just adjusted the valves this past weekend with no changes. Sometimes it starts quick, sometimes not. But it never starts the way it used to. I swear it would light on the first compression stroke until it hit about 190k. That is when the problems started. No one else seems to notice, but when you have been driving one as long as I have, you get to know it's quirks.
could very well be, we lost the first VP at 44K and that truck saw nothing but ULSD.

Quote:
I was using BioDiesel for a while, but it got to be a pain to get out there to fill up, and sometimes they were completely out. Now days their price isn't all that good either.

I have thought about running Marvel Mystery oil, but I am afraid the red dye in it could get me popped if my tank got dipped by popo. We still have a farm back home and they have been known to show up at the sale barns and dip the tanks of the trucks in the parking lots. So Marvel Mystery oil is out.
Bio is aqllite, but doesn't provide the same lubricity that the 2 stroke oil carries. The same allies for MMO.

Quote:
I will give the 2cycle oil a try.

Oh and for the list of mods, RV275 injectors, Swapped out the HY35 for an HX35, Smarty programmer, 4" MBRP exhaust with a Donaldson Muffler from Ryder Truck The usual gauges, and an AirDog with Draw straw and large lines. Goerand Tranny with billet converter.

I am just under 200k with her right now, and if the VP goes out I will probably go with one of the hot rod ones.

-Dave
make sure its TWC ash-less outboard oil, nothing other, make it small the most out will want to mix is 1oz to 1gal. typically i mix 1/2 a quart to 1/2 a tank and i never le the trucks fuel tank dip below 3/8's in the summer.

99 3500 Auto 3.55 4x4, BHAF, 6" lift, Danin Optix, Gauges, DAP 60hp sticks, FASS 95 2spd Rear disconnect HIGH Idle BOMB Silencer ring delete 4" exhaust, SMARTY 08 3500 Auto 4.10, PTO Idle Big Thanks to Walt(FTE Diesel) JKidd(DAP)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
They ROCK!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in