injection pump????? please help - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 29 Old 07-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Clunk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Did you loosen the injector lines at the fittings that screw into the cylinder head?

I don't see the Quad hurting the ECM.
You might try the whole procedure again. Confirm: lift pump fuel pressure, the filter canister full of fuel (bleed air off the front pipe plug on the canister), fuel at the injector pump and injector fitting bleed procedure.
Keep the batteries charged so's not to hurt the starter with low voltage/high current.

'01.5 2500 4x4 Red QC Sport HO SWB, 6spd.,cowl hood, 4" ex., Edge Drag Comp, Banks boost & pyro pillar mount, single black Holley 140gph lift pump...13psi WOT, US Gage & 4 grease gun lines for fuel pressure monitor, 2% Biodiesel in the tank, Amsoil in the trans and Valvoline in the pan. Vulcan Big Line kit, Napa #2790 BHAF, cheapo fuel cooler, 7x.013" Maxstix, Cat C300 turbo 3.55 gears jes' like Ram3500Dually sez..., ARP studs,

Take time to turn so's you don't burn.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 07-15-2008, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
99redcummins

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
it was pierced at the ip side of it i rekon the pump is good the guy said it was i dint have to pay for the pump yet until it works but the truck would idle with the other pump now it wont
post #23 of 29 Old 07-15-2008, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
99redcummins

(Thread Starter)
ya i bleed the lines at the canister the ip and at fuel injector lines 1 3 4 5 im getting fuel at all of those now but still no go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 Old 07-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Red Sleeper
Blowin n' Goin

Are you sure you hooked up all the wiring the correct way? Be sure that the silanoid <<<(typo) is getting power at the injection pump. I would just go over all my steps again and make sure everything is right.

Nick J
05 Cummins QCSB. TransGo Smarty H2O/CH4O
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

13 Jetta TDI 6spd auto
91 Cummins Dedicated water hauling vehicle
94 Z28 LT1 355ci 6spd Lots of Tubing
RockCrawling Dakota

post #25 of 29 Old 07-15-2008, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
99redcummins

(Thread Starter)
WOW ok so i got it running tonite huge relief but the problem was i dint know you had to continue to crank the engine over while you tightened the fuel line back up i was cranking till it got fuel stop cranking and then tightened the line back up it was just getting more air in the line i bleed the fuel lines for 2 1/2 hours doing it the right way and she fired up so the problem was the box burnt up my fuel injection pump due to me not upgrading my fuel lift pump and not having a fuel pressure gauge so im keeping the box and putting it back in to run as gauges until i decide on what would be the best way to upgrade my fuel system then ill turn it back up thank you so much everyone for all the help ill leave updates when what im doing to the fuel system and how the box works out thanks again yall are alot of help
post #26 of 29 Old 07-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Red Sleeper
Blowin n' Goin

Haha, yea you got to grind on them for a while. But it sounds good with a couple injectors cracked though. Wish they could lope like that at idle, talk bout kick ass...

Nick J

13 Jetta TDI 6spd auto
RockCrawling Dakota

post #27 of 29 Old 07-16-2008, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
99redcummins

(Thread Starter)
ya no kidding it sounds cool as hell i figured it was something simple but wow it wouldnt suprize me if my starter goes out before to long i cranked on it for like 4 days i bet i wore out several good years of starting
post #28 of 29 Old 07-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Red Sleeper
Blowin n' Goin

You would be suprised, thise things can go and go and go. Noe when I get home mine isn't gonna start.... So knock on sum wood.

Nick J

13 Jetta TDI 6spd auto
RockCrawling Dakota

post #29 of 29 Old 07-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Clunk

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
You didn't take the fittings completely off the head did you?
Those fittings fit the fuel tubes very precise (which also fit the injector bodies very precise) and will leak and cause a miss if not lined back up correctly.
If you didn't take the fittings completely loose, obtain a 19mm Crows Foot Wrench then tighten the fittings to 28lbs./ft.

'01.5 2500 4x4 Red QC Sport HO SWB, 6spd.,cowl hood, 4" ex., Edge Drag Comp, Banks boost & pyro pillar mount, single black Holley 140gph lift pump...13psi WOT, US Gage & 4 grease gun lines for fuel pressure monitor, 2% Biodiesel in the tank, Amsoil in the trans and Valvoline in the pan. Vulcan Big Line kit, Napa #2790 BHAF, cheapo fuel cooler, 7x.013" Maxstix, Cat C300 turbo 3.55 gears jes' like Ram3500Dually sez..., ARP studs,

Take time to turn so's you don't burn.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in