truck wont start - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 6 Old 05-26-2008, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
nicksrc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
truck wont start

I have a 2001 1500 with the 5.9 I am trying to figure out why it won't start. I can get in and the truck will start right up, I drive it two blocks or 200 miles without a problem. Will turn the truck off and then it might not start back up. The problem doesn't happen everythime that is what makes it hard to figure out. If you think you can help let me know and I can try to explain it better.

Thanks
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 AM
tactransman
Transmission Man!

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to tactransman
When it won't start,spray some carb/brake cleaner in the throttle body and see if it fires foe a few seconds,if it does, your not getting fuel.

Terry aka tactransman
'99 Ram 1500 4X4 5.9 Automatic #110 in the White Truck Club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aren't you tired of getting your parts for your Super Bee from a kid that thinks a Civic is a "hot rod"!
Mods:
MSD Blaster 3 Coil
Magna Flow Cat and "Y" pipe

46RE Built to the Hilt

Transgo TF OD JR Shift Kit (With Mods)
Billet Cover Converter
Upgraded to five direct clutch drum
Five Overdrive Brake Clutch pack
47RE STEEL front planetary
Sonnax Reverse servo parts
HD Kevlar Lined Rigid Int Band
Deep Pan w/cooling tubes
3.8 ratio Int lever
billet Int servo struts

post #3 of 6 Old 05-30-2008, 09:41 AM
SAKman

Have you had any work done to it recently?

98 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 318ci
Performance stuff
Gibson stainless headers, Fastman throttle body, Dynomax 3" cat-back exhaust, Magnaflow high flow CAT, K&N Gen II intake, Hypertech III Power Programmer, 180 degree thermostat, MSD coil, Mopar perf. plug wires, IAT sensor relocated into intake tube, custom auxilary trans. cooler, Transgo shift kit w/Mopar cast aluminum trans pan, Powerslot rotors w/Hawk pads, 4.10 gears f/r
Offroad stuff
Fabtech 5.5" suspension lift, Fabtech dual steering stabilizers, 35x12.50/15 Pro Comp AT's on 15" Eagle Alloys,
Other stuff
Bushwacker fender flares, Westin step bars,

"Unity is the key word in unit, without the Y"
--Major Payne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-30-2008, 01:45 PM
w0rm

Sounds like the fuel pump cutting out. Next time it dies, turn the key off and on then listen for that whine the pump makes. If you still hear the pump, you should test the fuel pressure at the shradder valve under the hood on the fuel rail.

1998 Ram 5.2L 1500 Sport
-Hughes Plenum Pan & Gasket
-Ported TB & Intake Manifold
post #5 of 6 Old 05-31-2008, 12:17 AM
SAKman

I had these same kind of symptoms when my Crankshaft Position Sensor was dying. It was damaged by the [email protected]#$% repair shop that rebuilt my tranny, and eventually I couldn't get it to start at all. Does the engine crank at all when you try to start it? If not then this could be your problem.

98 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 318ci
Performance stuff
Gibson stainless headers, Fastman throttle body, Dynomax 3" cat-back exhaust, Magnaflow high flow CAT, K&N Gen II intake, Hypertech III Power Programmer, 180 degree thermostat, MSD coil, Mopar perf. plug wires, IAT sensor relocated into intake tube, custom auxilary trans. cooler, Transgo shift kit w/Mopar cast aluminum trans pan, Powerslot rotors w/Hawk pads, 4.10 gears f/r
Offroad stuff
Fabtech 5.5" suspension lift, Fabtech dual steering stabilizers, 35x12.50/15 Pro Comp AT's on 15" Eagle Alloys,
Other stuff
Bushwacker fender flares, Westin step bars,

"Unity is the key word in unit, without the Y"
--Major Payne
post #6 of 6 Old 06-01-2008, 02:28 AM
kevinb70

sounds like CKP sensor to me too, or wire leading to it might have insulation off and occasionally shorting out
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in