Camshaft Spec Card. Help me decide.... - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 2 Old 11-02-2009, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
RamThis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Camshaft Spec Card. Help me decide....

Quote:
Serial # UM7413-05 Spec Card#Part # CAMSHAFT, CRS264HR-12
Core CAMSHAFT BLANK, CRS SHRT NOSE/DRILLED
Grind # CRS264HR-12
DURATION @ .050 INTAKE 210 ROCKER ARM RATIO
VALVE ADJ INTAKE .000 DURATION @ .050 EXHAUST 220 INTAKE .00
VALVE ADJ EXHAUST .000 LOBE LIFT INTAKE .3200 EXHAUST .00
VALVE LIFT INTAKE .512 LOBE LIFT EXHAUST .3200
VALVE LIFT EXHAUST .512 LOBE SEPARATION 112.0
DURATION .006 INTAKE C/L 108.0TAPPET LIFT INTAKE 264
CAM ADVANCE 4 TAPPET LIFT EXHAUST 274 HYDRAULIC Y
VALVE TIMING .006 OVERHEAD CAM N
VALVE OPEN INTAKE 24 JOURNAL DIAMETER
VALVE OPEN EXHAUST 73 RECOMMENDED VALVE SPRINGS
VALVE CLOSED INTAKE 60 DEPARTMENT P
VALVE CLOSED EXHAUST 21 SPC INSTR FOR CUSTOMER
This is the cam card of the cam I currently have. Unfortunately the front thrust surface was not machined so the cam is useless. I bought this engine second hand with about 1500 miles on it from a guy that put it in his Jeep GC and blew the xfer case and ended up just parting the thing out during a nasty divorce. Long story short he got a bum engine but didnt run it long enough to have any problems from it though they were coming, and unfortunately I found them all and am having to deal with them, this being one of them.

So, I talked to a Comp rep today and he says it's a good cam choice for my application. Being that I was not the original purchaser he could not help me even if the cam was defective, but he did offer to sell me a brand new one with a discount for 275.00 to help out seeing as it's really a kinda crappy deal I ended up with.

So, what do you guys think of this cam? Anything you'd change? Here's the truck specs it's going in and the engine specs......

2000 Dodge Ram Single Cab Short Bed
4.10's
SCT Tuned by Hemifever
Headers and true duals with crossover
Level10 Trans kit and Trans-Go full shift kit

Here are the engine specs of what I have currently....
360 block bored .030
balanced stock crank
stock forged rods
stock magnum heads with 1.92 hardened intake seats/valves and 1.65 hardened exhaust seats/valves
mild head port work
Pistons unknown yet havent looked them up but probably about 9:1 CR
Stock barrel intake, will cut down runners a tad and gasket match
stock 21lb/hr injectors (red top)

Planned to add to the mix...
MSD6AL, BlasterSS, MSD 8.5MM Superconductors (already got)
Viper fan (already got)
Hughes Plenum Pan kit (already got, used)
Probably 52X55 TB
Comp hardened pushrods (already got)
Harland Sharp 1.6 RR's
Mopar Valve Covers (already got)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Single Cab, 5.9 Auto, 4.10's, Auburn LSD, Edelbrock headers, 2.5" true duals with crossover, MSD Superconductors, APS Plenum Kit, Level10 Trans kit, Trans-Go shift kit, 2-4 BellTech Drop, SS/T rims, Toyo Proxes ST 285-60-17's, Sir Michaels Roll Pan and tailgate handle relocator, Keystone bumper cover with light openings, PIAA fogs, painted grille shell, painted Street Scene Speed Grille Inserts, SCT XCAL-2, Alpine head unit, Infinity Components front, Infinity Coaxials back, Infinity 500W 4 channel amp, Infinity Basslink, new dash, steering wheel, and guage bezel.

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab, 5.9 Auto, 4.10's, Detroit Locker, Race Truck Trends Nascar Bumper, Painted SS/T Stripes, Alpine HU, Alpine Sound Field Processor, MTX Thunderform. 5.9L bored .030 over, Sealed Power coated pistons, balanced and polished crank, Comp 210 Cam, MP Timing Chain tensioner, Melling HV oil pump, 1.92 oversized valves and mild porting, Pacesetter Longtube Headers, FMS 24lb Injectors, Level10 Transmission kit, Trans-Go shift kit, 5 gear OD Planetary. Way more to come.
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-03-2009, 07:03 PM
hrusso

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What kind of valve springs to you have? Also I would go with the Xtreme engery cam the middle one with 212 @050 and .480 lift from comp. Also don't cut your runners on the intake, the cam will raise the peak RPM HP and TQ numbers. You still have a stock engine with minor improvements, the weight of the truck is a major setback so be real careful of low end torque numbers. Look on ebay for the part# of whatever cam you desire, you might be able to get a better deal on a new cam.

98 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 5.9
52mm fastman TB
ASP crank pulley
Accel ignition kit
Mopar headers
Magna Flow 3 inch cat-back
Transgo shift kit
4.56 gears
Eaton E-Locker(front)
CP aluminum diff covers
35x12.50R17 on Moto Metal 6 Rims
Superlift 5inch with 4 link front(not radius arm)
Thuren front shock mounts
Fox 2.0 resevoir front, Fox Emulsion rear
Trailmaster steering stabilizer
D/T track bar
Kodiac sidewinder steps
Comp Cams roller #20-744-9
M-1 intake
Edelbrock Heads
Scorpion 1.7 rocker arms
24lb FMS injectors
Parts in box
Comp Cam
Edelbrock Intake
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in