DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question on club cab and doors

826 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks for taking time to help me, I am trying to locate a used ram for myself, and need a extended cab version(2 year old and maby 1 on the way)

I really would like to get a 4 door, but I am having a hard time telling when exacty they started having them.

as I think it goes, 97 - 2 doors, extended cab
98- ?? I swear some I see have 4 some have 2 any ideas when they started 4?? Was it a certian package to get the doors? SLT or such??

were thier ever any with 3 doors? I thought I saw some other brands like that?

thanks for any help, I am dying to get one, but they really seem to hold value, trying to step up to one from 83 chevy, tank but rusting away, and need more interior room.

thanks all.. :help:

#2 ·
goddahavit,

Club cabs had two doors, quad cabs have four. Hope that helps your search.

Mike

#4 ·
I think you're right about the years too. Seems like it was around 98 when the quad was introduced. I think the only trucks with three doors were Chevys, maybe Ford?

Mike

#7 ·
The Quad Cab was an option beginning with the '98 model year, but Club Cabs were still offered as well, all the way through model year 2000. So you can find some Club Cabs that are newer if you look hard enough. There arent many of them around though. Prior to '98, the Club Cab was offered in '95, '96, and '97. In '94 a regular cab was the only bodystyle made.

#8 ·
Actually, you could get the club cab through 2001. That was what I had before this truck.

Mike

#9 ·
Thanks all, I think I have it it is a 2000 club cab, larime slt with the off road package.

any idea what is included wiht this package, and any way of telling gear ratios and such from the vin or door jams?

only thing I do not like about the truck is the bumper slightly hangs on the passanger side, bumper is not bent but something is, and I can see the light assembly pushed up just a little,

I am not sure about the truck yet, they are fixing the air,(warm) and checking the alighnment, .. only 39000 on it so I am hopeing it will be the one to last me a wile, but I do not want to get stuck.

any thoughts?

thanks all for the input.

#10 ·
The off-road package usually includes 4.10 gears, a limited slip diff, skid plates for the transfer case and gas tank, and maybe a couple other things. That's all I remember at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.