Any info please - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #1 of 5 Old 05-21-2019, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
BlueBehemoth

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Any info please

So i have a 2005 dodge Durango limited with the infinity sound system. I have had an aftermarket stereo on for a year, worked fine. Then after the airbag light went on(was fixed). The electrical system doesnt seem to like having a aftermarket stereo on, first itll give the battery light on and then the gauges will move from their spot on the idle/speed/gas needle down to 0 as if the car is off and back into place while running. Anybody else has had this problem before? Ive checked the iod fuse, and all others that might be in conjunction to the stereo harness were all good. Could it be the TIPM?
It doesnt have this problem with the stock stereo but it itches to not know whats the problem with a different stereo in it.
Also, the headlight warning light on dash #23 i believe, would go on before evertime i would switch the lights on Auto. But now it will only go off if i flip the highbeams to flash them. The dash light will go off with a horn.
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-21-2019, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
BlueBehemoth

(Thread Starter)
So im seeing the same issue with the cluster is going around. Going on and off with a chime while engine is still on, but is it because theyre are aftermarket electronics installed? Again since i took off the aftermarket stereo i havent had my gauges go on and off as if i had the key on the acc before start with all lights illuminating before crank.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-21-2019, 05:53 PM
Berserker
Berserker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I would suggest the APPCAR software. For $49.00 you can see all the codes that the dealer can see. I used this to find out my auxiliary coolant pump was shot while trying to diagnose my no rear heat issue. No code scanner that the public can buy finds those codes. AppCar can also see audio system codes. You will be able to see what the dealer can see with their big buck scanners. You can even activate dealer installed features that didn't come factory installed. For instance, my Charger didn't have the EVIC screen, I installed a speedometer from a charger that did(purchased off ebay), enabled EVIC with the AppCar software, and I can now see things like MPG, oil pressure, oil temp... I was even able to turn off the police lighting feature and add steering wheel audio controls. You can even view transmission temp! For 49 bucks, its the best diagnostic tool you can buy. I can`t say enough good about it.

Last edited by Berserker; 05-21-2019 at 05:55 PM. Reason: add link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-26-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
BlueBehemoth

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I would suggest the APPCAR software. For $49.00 you can see all the codes that the dealer can see. I used this to find out my auxiliary coolant pump was shot while trying to diagnose my no rear heat issue. No code scanner that the public can buy finds those codes. AppCar can also see audio system codes. You will be able to see what the dealer can see with their big buck scanners. You can even activate dealer installed features that didn't come factory installed. For instance, my Charger didn't have the EVIC screen, I installed a speedometer from a charger that did(purchased off ebay), enabled EVIC with the AppCar software, and I can now see things like MPG, oil pressure, oil temp... I was even able to turn off the police lighting feature and add steering wheel audio controls. You can even view transmission temp! For 49 bucks, its the best diagnostic tool you can buy. I can`t say enough good about it.
Which obd connecter did you use? Or would those bluetooth obd work with the scanner software.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-02-2019, 07:14 AM
Berserker
Berserker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Ive used both, now I have the usb to obd, blueooth worked but didn't like wondering if it was going to connect or not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in