DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2008 quad cab

1K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Z-ManTRX4 
#1 ·
hey guys its been awhile some of you may know i sold my rumble bee 3 weeks ago so im looking for a newer truck. I sold it for a couple reasons 1 being I wanted a truck with more room.

Anyways I've been looking at a truck at a local dealer and was wondering what you guys thought.

Its a 2008 Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 54k miles. It has a moonroof, powersliding rear window, center console fiberglass tonneau cover and its a sport. The only problem is the front bumper has a couple paint chips so it will need to be repainted.

Its a white truck which i've never really been a fan of but I was thinking a lift black wheels, headlights, tail lights, dark window tint and black tubular steps(it has chrome) and it would probably look pretty damn good.

anyways they are asking $25999

what do you think would be a good price to offer them? Im going back tomorrow to look some more and test drive it.

Thanks for any help or suggestions guys:worthy:

See less See more
#3 ·
Hmmm, that seems like a very high price! I have a 2008 QC SLT 4x4 I purchased brand new with 8 miles on it for $22,000.00 out the door. Is this a Laramie your looking at? Hemi?

#7 ·
when I was buying my truck i fell in love with 2008 sport hemi with sun roof two tone leather the works and they wanted 23k when i went back it was sold i got my 08 4.7 for 20k

#8 ·
yeah that does seem too high

#10 · (Edited)
Too expensive. I would not pay anything that started with a "2" for a 2008 with 50K+. Just me.

Like the others have posted I too have a 2008 QC SLT 4WD 5/.7L and I only paid $23K brand new( 56 miles ). No moon roof or leather but still.

#12 ·
Too High, I got my 08' QC 4x4 Hemi, Power everything, towing package, with 15km on it (New) for less than 23..

#13 ·
how the hell did you guys get 08's that cheap new? I think i live in the wrong area lol. I made a mistake when I looked at it again the salesman talked me into test driving a 2011 Black quad cab sport man i fell in love but without putting a lot of $$ down it would have been $600 a month could I afford it yeah but def not worth it for me. Still thinking about the 08 I might look for a 06 CTD though stilll really undercided.

#14 ·
look at the market 2 years ago..........trucks were damn cheap. I ended up paying like 2 grand to drive mine for 2 years. Can't beat that.

#17 ·
I have a 2008 QC Big Horn so everything except sunroof leather and Nav. I paid 33K when the sticker was 40K... how the hell did you guys get yours so cheap? Im guessing i bought mine the week they went on the lot? 26k does seem pretty damn high for a used truck... i wouldnt pay more then 20!

#18 ·
When I bought mine (April 25, 2008) there was a special going on with with trucks that had leather and sunroofs. Advertised price, 26500. Sticker on mine was 38995. Took it back to the same dealer almost 2 years to the day........24,500 on trade.

#23 ·
Agreed that the market is much different now, but still way too high IMO. I paid 26k for my 07 quad 4x4 Cummins with 20,000 miles and sold it two years later for 29k! Drove it for two years and still made money. But it's not likely that will happen again anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.