DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

x pipe??

712 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  KB112 
#1 ·
what is the point of an x pipe? if i run true duels should i throw one of those on there. iv been looking at a magnaflow x pipe.

another question if i ran at3030 true duels would it mess my gas mileage up?

or should i run a good magnaflow set up?

#2 ·
the x pipe is to balance the exhaust pressure so the engine runs better, diffidently put in an x or an h pipe, h pipe might be easier to install in out trucks because of the way we have to run the exhaust piping
i have magnaflow and love it

#3 ·
The X-pipe is to equalize flow and reduce turbulance from I understand. Some run them, some don't. Some had issues before installing an x pipe and afterwards their truck no longer backfired. I am not the smartest on this topic but everything I have heard and read would lean to to running an x pipe if Iwas to run true duals. As for the aero 3030 I do have that but it is dumped and only replaced the stock muffler. I ended up adding the ar30 resonator in front of it to get rid of the drone and my mileage went up a tad after the resonator was installed. I like it better now. Before it seemed to have lost something on the low end but now it feels better with the ar30 in front for the 3030.

#4 ·
i saw that magnaflow has an x pipe that kinda resembles and H in a way i think they call it x crossover.

i dont what to go with though at3030 or good loud magnaflow.
i love loud but good sound too.

#5 ·
most people that have toyed with an X pipe end up going H
you need equal pipe length between the banks before the joint for it to work correctly
an X pipe under our trucks is durn near impossible, while and H pipe can be made to work

as far as the muffler choice
i have a magnaflow SI/DO and love the sound
you're welcome to cruise on down 65 and hear it sometime.

#7 ·
Unless you are pushing some serious HP, you're gonna want dual AT2525's. At3030's are gonna flow way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.