DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2006 dodge ram *lone star* 5.7 hemi

2K views 43 replies 13 participants last post by  Loadedlaramie 
#1 ·
hey, im new to DT and im am lookin to find out what the Lone star package include. Ive had the truck 2 years now and i still cant find anything on this..i know the usually stuff but thats it..does anyone know?

my truck has this stuff stock.
Color matched Grill
20 wheels
chrome side skirts
sliding rear window
3.92 gears
chrome bumpers
lone star badging
3 1/2in exhaust

is there any thing else to this package?

#2 ·
The lone star is the same thing as the "big horn" except the lone star was released to the south west area and big horn to eveywhere else. It does not have 3 1/2" exhaust... the tips might but not the actual exhaust!!! I'm sure others will chime in!!!:D

#4 ·
ha, I missed that!!! otherwise I would have had some smart remark;)

#5 ·
I believe it a 3" exhaust. It may be a 3.5" tip...

I think you got most of it...sliding rear window, the interior is upgraded a little, etc....

You might have to go to a dealer and see if there is a way to get some brochures from that year?

#6 ·
ok thanx.. 1 thing though my truck is a canadian truck so should it have been a big horn? and 2nd it was the dealer that told me the exhaust was a 3 1/2 in option? i was gunna get a 3 1/2 kit but the dealer said it was already there from the factory? any one know if this was a factory option for that year? also it just seems to be alot louder that most stock ram exhaust.

#7 ·
I really don't think they would have put a 3 1/2" exhaust on there from the factory... That is to big for a stock motor where there won't be enough back presure... It probably the same as all trucks with the hemi. I bet it's a 3 1/2" tip??? got any pics? post some... I've seen a few lonestars for sale in Wisconsin before... USED NOT NEW

#8 ·
yea i will have pics soon as i get a chance. i just joined today. but im in n.b canada and ive seen 5 or 6 lonestars around.. and the whole provine only has 100 000 people in it. i wonder if the lone star was offered here?

#9 ·
i dont have a exhaust tip on my lonestar

#10 ·
ya there's no way it has 3 1/2" exhaust, like Hemiflage said its just the tip. the rest of the exhaust would be 2 1/2 like stock

#11 ·
The Regional (Big Horn, Thunder Road, Lone Star) Value Group included:

20" wheels
sliding rear window
3.92 gears
lone star badging

That's it. Nothing else you listed was part of the value group

#17 ·
My Lone Star edition does not have a sliding window...MAN do I wish it did! One of those awesome electric ones while I am dreaming!

#12 ·
the stock exhaust is 3" thats the only size they offered unless you have a Daytona of Rumble Bee and then they have a Borla exhaust from the factory that had dual exits on the pass side rear. but it was still only 2.5" exhaust.

its 3" exhaust, if the dealer told you it was 3.5" then he doesnt know what heres talking about, unless your using canadian measurements. ;D

#20 ·
sorry i mean that the grill it self(like inserts) are chrome but the grill assembly is color matched.(may be a sport group option) u probally cant see it in the pic.

#21 ·
I knew what you meant. ;) The grille shell should be chrome on a Big Horn/Lone Star truck. However, I think it looks better color matched. :tup:

#23 ·
Also just a cool little fact for you, since you you live in Canada.... Your truck wasn't supposed to be sold in Canada.... if it's a Lone Star, it was built per a dealer order from Texas, and probably was either originally sold in Texas and then later shipped up north for some reason, or shipped there initially by mistake. Down here most of the four-door Rams are Lone Star's, very few Big Horns make it into TX and those that do are mostly when the factory over-builds them and sends them to dealers who they know can sell them........because afterall, we are the truck capital of the world here. :D

#24 ·
yea i new about them bein a texas truck. but ive seen atleast 4 others here.(if u know where nb is than ud see how small it is), but i just found it odd that there were so many around here, i figure the dealer ship here got a deal on some..or can get them rather easily. ive owned the truck for almost three yrs now so it was almost brand new when i bouhgt it. thanx for the infos

#25 ·
anothe thing does any 1 know about the headlights? i dunno what they are called but the are super bright on my truck since ive owned it...was there an option for different headlights?

#26 ·
I have the Big Horn edition, And i think thats all I got was a bigger horn, you should see people jump when I honk that SOB... Thank god I didn't buy it new and have that option added on to the bill, because I see straight 1500's with more than I have.

#27 ·
I have seen some Bighorn sport editions around here that have the color matched grille. and im pretty sure that the owners didnt go to the trouble to change it because its ALL stock otherwise.

as for the headlights, from what i can tell i bet your truck's previous owner was a modder ;D

prolly changed the grille and added silverstars to the heads. there was no differant option fro headlights except for black in the nightrunner package.
he may have even had 3.5" exhaust installed on that truck too if it does infact have that size.

#30 ·
come one nightrunner "silverstars" "grill", "3.5" exhaust tip" = modder :dunno: Need to do more then that to be labled a modder:thatfunny:D

#28 ·
I laugh when i hear people talk about there trucks around here and they go "I drive a (whatever year) Dodge Bighorn"... like its a differant model or something. ;D

if im in that convo I just turn to them and say well i drive a Dodge RAM Biggerhorn!!;D
because theres only 4 other lifted 3rd gens in this town as tall or bigger than mine, and I know who drives everyone of them. One is SchroederMP's, another is a MASSIVE powerwagon, another is a RCSB 4.7 (with 37's on stock 3.55 gears:crazy:) and NONE of them are bighorn editions so I know theres is prolly stock height.

#33 ·
i posted some pics...ive added nothing to the truck, Just the back rack. the truck was pretty much brand new when i bought it. it only had 19kms on it when i bought it so i fugure it was never modded.if it was they modded it and then sold it which makes no sense.

#34 ·
The grill shell on the truck should be chrome with the option set it had from the factory. Either the previous owner or the dealership must have changed it. Were door guards color matched on non-sport models?

The chrome rocker panel is also aftermarket. The stock exhaust on the hemi is 3", and that tip looks factory. I don't remember exactly, but is that Lone Star badge even in the correct place (other people)? Maybe the previous owner bought one online and stuck it on himself because he liked the name? It wouldn't be uncommon for a new truck owner to start modding with oem parts, and plan on adding aftermarket parts later on, but he sold it before he did. The vent visors are an aftermarket piece as well.

All told, the previous owner might have spent about $500 total in improvements, which would be pretty easy in 6 months for someone all psyched about their brand new truck. If the exhaust is louder than other rams on the road, he might have directly swapped the muffler, and left the rest of the exhaust stock. It's cheaper than a full cat-back.

#36 ·
nope it is a real lone star. it is in the computer at the dodge dealership as a lone star package. also the chrome rocker panels are stock( they are not peel and stick).... and the 20's i know was an option you could get either or.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.