DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'96 Indy SCT Tuner - Opinions

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  RamThis 
#1 ·
This is one of my first posts here on Dodgetalk. I recently bought mctr7's Indy Ram and am looking to continue with the build. For starters, I am considering the SCT Tuner and eventually a 408 stroke. The top end of the truck has been built (heads, roller rockers, m1 intake, TB, headers. It has 4.10 gears, built tranny, and a high stall converter. Currently, the computer has just been modded to reflect Mopar Performance tunes.

Just wondering what sort of advantages I might be able to expect from the SCT and will the benefits outweigh the cost of it? I know everyone's truck is different and will get different results from the tuners. Just wondering your experiences - feel free to post some pics of your rides! Also, any recommendations on a stroker kit?

Cheers, Josh

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum!
I suggest talking to Hemifever@aol.com He'll be able to help you with any questions you have and is absolutely great to deal with! His customer service is second to none! When you get around to stroking to 408, or any other changes for that matter, he'll rewrite the programming to get the BEST performance from those changes!

#4 ·
+1 ^ It will optimize your A/F & timing to get the most out of your upgrades.

I will be purchasing a SCT soon to correct some timing & A/F issues I'm having with my current flash.

#5 ·
Hey, thanks for the welcome and the heads up guys. The truck seems to be running well right now and doesn't seem to be running too rich/lean. I think I might try it out anyway to see if it makes much of a difference for the truck. Even if it doesn't help a whole lot with the current mods, it should make a difference if i get around to the 408.

#6 ·
Im running SCT and love it. Sean has a special deal going on now too, havent read the email but noticed there's an SCT sale at the moment. They're already about half the price of what I paid for mine, so any less is just insane cheap for what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.