LKQ/Keystone Platinum Rear bumper quiality/fitment ? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

Closed Thread

post #1 of 8 Old 06-12-2015, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Joe.G

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
LKQ/Keystone Platinum Rear bumper quiality/fitment ?

Hi, I have a really clean 2004 Ram 1500 SLT with the Painted bumper, The only real rust issue I have with the truck is the rear bumper is starting to rust a bit and I would like to replace it.

How do the LKQ/Keystone platinum Rear bumpers fit? I can get them for about $100 less then the Factory, My Buddy got a Rear Bumper from JC Whittney and I am not a fan of how it fit and I don't wan the same issue, I hear the LKQ parts fit nice just wondering what you guys think thanks.

2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-13-2015, 08:49 AM
Shots
Don't fear the sheepdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
From what I understand LKQ are take-off/salvage parts, so it should fit perfect, because it should be an OEM bumper.

Shots:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2014 CC Sport 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods:
Level / Zone lift / Tint 50 fronts 10 backs / Custom BedRug / Extang Solid Fold / Partial Debadge / Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 315-70-17 on Classic III rims / PSI Autorestyling flares / Pacer cab lights

If only you could understand what it's like to go home to your family, greeted with smiles and kisses like any other day, and not have the heart to tell them you almost didn't make it home. Respect those who protect and serve.
The unwanted, being underpaid, who will go unappreciated, doing the unthinkable, for the ungrateful.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-13-2015, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Joe.G

(Thread Starter)
That is what I heard also that they try and recondition oem parts, that is why a lot of oem Manufactures have the shops send back the damaged parts now so places like LKQ dont get them.

2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-13-2015, 10:13 AM
locogk
locogk

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
lkq bought out keystone i get parts thry the store i work at seem to be good crash parts in ga is pretty good on price

Gary a.k.a loco

Truck and towing member #21

4 th gen truck club # 52

A yankee in rebel land but love the weather

MINE
2016 2500 BIG HORN 4 x 4 crew cab red diesel,bed mat tailgate cover
ram hitch cover, bed mat,step bars,
chrome tailgate handle cover factory brake controller a.r.e. cap, factory tow mirrors dash mat

hers

2015 black chrysler 200
post #5 of 8 Old 06-13-2015, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Joe.G

(Thread Starter)
I am quite picky and I always try and go OEM for stuff like this, My buddy who owns a Body shop talked me into ordering from LKQ I just want it to fit and look like stock.

post #6 of 8 Old 07-12-2015, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Joe.G

(Thread Starter)
Ok, so first bumper I order my friend who owns the bodyshop paints it all bumper looks great go to swap it on and the OEM Step pad don't fit ( Bumper fits on truck fine ) , Order there Pad and it fit's just like the OEM, Order a Complete bumper assembly pad and all from same place Pad fits better but not great, Do a trial fit before painting and bumper is off side to side, sticks out about an inch on Right side and is in about an inch on left side.

Sending both back and ordered a OEM bumper from East coast Mopar, I hope to see it early this week, And I think it comes with a new OEM Pad, I hope this fits right.

Only rust issue on this truck is the rear bumper the rest of the truck is very clean.

post #7 of 8 Old 07-23-2015, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Joe.G

(Thread Starter)
Finally got it back together new OEM Bumper and Pad, The OEM bumper did come damaged and it was not from shipping it was from the stamping process both sides were wavy and needed to be repaired, I called up East coast Mopar and they said they would either send me a new one or help cover the cost to get the damaged one repaired so i went that route.

I must say that Andy and Denny from http://eastcoastmoparts.com/ are great bunch of guys to work with and that is the only place ill shop for mopar parts from now on.

post #8 of 8 Old 07-27-2015, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Joe.G

(Thread Starter)
Mine was Primed from factory, I painted and cleared it front and back and then I put a clear chip guard like the factory uses on lower part of cars and trucks, I used this on the inside. I did notice that the new bumper seemed lighter then the Original one and also the aftermarket one.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in