DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buying a used truck

997 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  JDCRamTruck2012 
#1 ·
So I was thinking about buying a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie edition. It is in excellent condition but has 139k miles on it. They are asking $12,500.

This will be my first Dodge purchase so I was wondering if you all think that is a good price? Also, should I know anything in particular about the 2006? I plan on going to give it a test drive later this afternoon.

#5 ·
Thanks all!

I test drove it and the steering seemed loose. It did have a small 3 inch lift on it. Also, when I braked, the front end seemed to vibrate a bit. I just had some concerns and I told them I might come back with my mechanic to take another look. Everything else was in great condition, even got to go off road and test the 4x4.

#7 ·
JD4WD - I would definitely have a mechanic look it over. Sounds like the tie rod ends maybe worn and the steering maybe worn as well. Also, what kind of a lift does it have on it? If the t-bars have been cranked that would cause a vibration in the steering if the front wheels have been moved from factory pecs. If you go ahead a buy the truck I would offer 10k for it. :gr_patrio

#8 ·
Apologies for the delayed response and thank you for all the advice!

I'm not sure what type of lift it has, I'll have to take a closer look at it if I decide to buy it. Forgot to mention that the tires looked like they had about 30% life left on them so they would probably need to be replaced relatively soon. I think 10k is a good offer as long as it doesn't have any major issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.