Anyone use these for ATV/UTV loading/hauling - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 23 Old 12-02-2011, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
V2Rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlobitz View Post
that was kinf of my thought... while trailers are somewhat expensive, they are a much better option. Ease of use among other things simply make it a good idea.
I researched this, and MPG is rated better without the trailer. I would prefer a trailer for loading/unloading, as I had one with my previous ATV (sold it with the ATV) so now I'm going the in the truck route. 55 bucks to me is nothing, compared to IF something happened. I will get a trailer soon, but for now, this is cheap insurance.

Previous:2003 Ram 2500 HD 4X4, Sold but not forgotten
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current: 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie CC Black on Black, FULLY loaded
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AMSOIL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 12-02-2011, 08:27 AM
RamLWB4x4
Slow Rider

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamLWB4x4 View Post
Neat idea, but I have a Harley Ultra Classic I would like to put in the back of the truck. Not so worried about the cables on the tail-gate, more worried about buckling the center when 1000 + lbs of bike and rider go across it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
buckling what the ramp or box? the ramp I could see not the box at all
Sorry I wasn't clear, I worry about buckling the center of the tail-gate. I have looked at Cruiser Ramp and Rampage Power Ramp, the photos show the tail-gate down, but if you call, they suggest that for a heavy bike like mine, the tail-gate could be removed. Don't really want to get a different bike, this one is paid for.

2007 Ram 3500 QC SRW 4x4 6.7 CTD long bed. Sirius radio, Ram's Head mudflaps. Color matched cab high canopy. Inferno Red Chrome Deer Whistles
Double fine line pinstriping by Dunn Auto Graphics in Des Moines WA.
post #23 of 23 Old 12-02-2011, 11:00 AM
opposite locker

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
IIRC, factory tailgate cables are (under)rated for 300 lbs

'16 Ram 2500 CCLB 4wd CTD 6spd (15k)
stock with an extended warranty
'08 Ram 1500 QC 4wd 4.7L 6spd (311k)
SSBC F&R big brakes; Bilstein HD struts; Fox 2.0 shocks; McG shackles; Hellwig rear swaybar; DTT posi w/g2 cover; Airaid MIT; MF muffler & Y; 32" Duratracs on 20" Centerlines; Aspen steering wheel; Hurst short shifter; SRT pedals; Infiniti driver seat; BedRyder seats
'14 CTS-V wagon 6spd
'84 euro 635csi 5spd
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in