my new dart - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #21 of 30 Old 11-05-2013, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
snow cheif

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
on the 1.4 you could try this it makes turbo lag almost non existent. their is a vac line coming off the waste-gate follow it to a t the t is a line that goes to the air box just cap the air box side and the t side and is spools allot faster.i found this on a fiat forum they are squeezing every bit of power out of the 1.4. also the only oil that meets dodge warranty is Pennzoil ultra euro 5w-40 full synthetic.the 0w-40 oils can increase burn off due to blow-by.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 11-05-2013, 01:54 PM
wyat72
PAID OFF!!!

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 Rammer View Post
Must of been before all the flashes We have no issues with it and its very peppy espcially when you auto stick it.
It was in June.

I have a feeling, no matter what 2.0 auto we drive it isn't going to be quick (first impressions). Plus Every single review I read says the same thing about the 2.0, it is slow to sixty and has sluggish responsiveness. Just like I experienced.

I don't think the dart is a bad car, i just want one with a more powerful motor. Most of the 2014s come standard with the 2.4, which will probably help a lot, but I think I'm going to wait until 2015 when the 9 speed will be offered as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Truck: 08, Ram, 1500, HEMI, QuadCab, Big Horn, 4x4, Inferno Red, Chrome Grill, Chrome Molding, Chrome 20s

Appearance Mods: Chrome Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Chrome Mopar Bug Guard, Mopar Tow Mirrors, Mopar Mud Flaps & Wheel Liners, Mopar Tow Hooks, Putco Chrome Door Handle Covers, AMI Chrome Fuel Door, Curt Customized Hitch Cover, Bully Locking Tailgate Handle, ACI Vanish Tonneau, Line-X Bed Liner, Autospring 2" Leveling Kit, Cooper Zeon LTZs.

Performance Mods: SuperChips FlashPaq, Volant CAI, 12589 Magnaflow Muffler and Y-Pipe.

Red Truck Club Member #289
post #23 of 30 Old 11-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Ram3500Dually
Retired DT Staff

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Ram3500Dually
Car And Driver says
Zero to 60 mph: 7.6–7.9 sec
Standing Ό-mile: 16.2–16.4 sec
Top speed: 130 mph
For the 2.0, way off from what you are stating.

2013 Ram 3500 CTD 6.7L 6 Speed Aisin, 4:10 LSD

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport

1991 Shadow ES Turbo Convertible

1984 Mini-Ram Van (Show Van) **TOTM April 2007** In museum now

73 Pro Street Duster.**VOTM July 2008/ April 2011**

1951 Dodge 3 Window Business Coupe **VOTM Feb 2011**

1992 Custom Built Harley FXSTC Show Bike

2008 Harley FLHTCU Ultra Classic

DodgeTalk Administrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Names Carl, if you cut me I bleed Mopar Blue

Past Trucks: 90 CC Dually CTD, 94 RC LB CTD, 95 CC SB 5.2L gas, 98 QC Dually CTD, 00 QC Dually CTD, 01 QC Off Road, 03 QC Dually CTD, 05 QC Dually CTD, 08 Dually CTD **ROTM April 2008**,10 CC Dually CTD,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 Old 11-05-2013, 02:43 PM
03 Rammer
AROD'S TRUCK

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram3500Dually View Post
Car And Driver says
Zero to 60 mph: 7.6–7.9 sec
Standing Ό-mile: 16.2–16.4 sec
Top speed: 130 mph
For the 2.0, way off from what you are stating.
Thank you about to post that too

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD Rollin on some 19.5s. Quadzilla Adrenaline w/Iquad, leveled,KC light bar 4 Rally 8 lights and a lot of smaller add-ons.
post #25 of 30 Old 11-05-2013, 02:49 PM
03 Rammer
AROD'S TRUCK

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyat72 View Post
It was in June.

I have a feeling, no matter what 2.0 auto we drive it isn't going to be quick (first impressions). Plus Every single review I read says the same thing about the 2.0, it is slow to sixty and has sluggish responsiveness. Just like I experienced.

I don't think the dart is a bad car, i just want one with a more powerful motor. Most of the 2014s come standard with the 2.4, which will probably help a lot, but I think I'm going to wait until 2015 when the 9 speed will be offered as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Since June they have had 2 flashes to help with driveablity concerns. Honestly I dont know what your trying to achieve with a dart if you wanted performance I feel the dart isnt for you. The 9 speed isnt for performance its for fuel mileage. Now yes the 1.4 turbo and the 2.4 will be faster but again but the 2.0 is by no means sluggish or slow. From my experience and other test and comparisons that have been done.

Now yes the dart is slower than my diesel lol

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD Rollin on some 19.5s. Quadzilla Adrenaline w/Iquad, leveled,KC light bar 4 Rally 8 lights and a lot of smaller add-ons.
post #26 of 30 Old 11-05-2013, 04:33 PM
wyat72
PAID OFF!!!

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
This test got 11 Seconds to Sixty.

Motor trend got 9.9 to sixty

Car and driver states that the 2.0 "seems to struggle against this Dart’s weight"

Carl the numbers you posted where from the 1.4 turbo test against the focus. Link Unless you care to post the link showing the 2.0 getting your numbers.

Car and Driver got 9.0 for a dual clutch 1.4 turbo and every test I have seen shows that a 2.0 is slower then a turbo.

AOL autos says, "Chrysler calls the Dart's two naturally aspirated engines Tigershark. This appellation is a little difficult to fathom with the basic 2.0-liter version, which doesn't feel very tigerish"

Automotive addicts got 10.2 to sixty with a 2.0 dart.

I think I've proven my point, I don't care how many flashes they do, the Dart 2.0 auto is not quick. Yes, the Dart might not be the car for my wife, but we are willing to wait to see how a 2.4 9 speed performs before buying another make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 Rammer View Post
The 9 speed isnt for performance its for fuel mileage.
Just like the 8 speed didn't help the Hemi Rams?

Truck: 08, Ram, 1500, HEMI, QuadCab, Big Horn, 4x4, Inferno Red, Chrome Grill, Chrome Molding, Chrome 20s

Appearance Mods: Chrome Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Chrome Mopar Bug Guard, Mopar Tow Mirrors, Mopar Mud Flaps & Wheel Liners, Mopar Tow Hooks, Putco Chrome Door Handle Covers, AMI Chrome Fuel Door, Curt Customized Hitch Cover, Bully Locking Tailgate Handle, ACI Vanish Tonneau, Line-X Bed Liner, Autospring 2" Leveling Kit, Cooper Zeon LTZs.

Performance Mods: SuperChips FlashPaq, Volant CAI, 12589 Magnaflow Muffler and Y-Pipe.

Red Truck Club Member #289

Last edited by wyat72; 11-05-2013 at 04:44 PM.
post #27 of 30 Old 01-12-2014, 05:17 PM
steffen707

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
looks nice
post #28 of 30 Old 01-12-2014, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
snow cheif

Garage
(Thread Starter)
it is a nice car so far about 3500 miles and the only real glitch was a loose usb port witch turned the radio on all by itself. ten minute fix would have taken five if i had smaller hands.i also installed the racetrack tail light kit.i was disappointed it did not come with it but for $99 it was 2 hours well spent .the 1.4 was an easy oil change did it at 1000 miles and glad i did the oil was dark and nasty. the ultra euro smells like solvent it has allot of detergent in it but that's the recommended oil that's what i stick with.more updates to come but so far i think it's a great car for the money.
post #29 of 30 Old 12-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Rogerkasbah

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Guys
I got me a used 2013 Dart Ralleye Multi air Turbo , the 1.4 , and it is a great car .
But I bought it and I found out that the rear camera works but with blank screen, the trunk doesn't open by remote , and since on the trunk for this model there is no manual button , we have to rely on the under dash button which do not work also .
The main automatic door locks do not function , we have to lock and unlock each and every door manually.

I spotted 2 reasons but I do not know how to fix, and if I take it to dealer I am going to pay an arm and a leg.

1 - inside the trunk , 5 colored wires were in a black tube , were cut , ( I reconnected them)
2 - I checked all the fuses , there are 3 adjacent ones do not work , although the fuses are brand new. ( I tried to trace the RELAY , main distributer for those 3 fuses, but I couldn't with my primitive knowledge)
Can anyone help me ?
Did anyone had any of those problems ?
Thank you in advance
post #30 of 30 Old 12-21-2015, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
snow cheif

Garage
(Thread Starter)
so now at 30,000 miles with no issues. the car is run every day as a commuter. the only thing i can say about the 1.4 litre is to change spark plugs at 25 k . performance and fuel economy drop off big time if you don't. car seems to be holding up well tires were replaced at 25 k not because of excessive wear but nails.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in