Should I take this deal?? - Page 3 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #41 of 49 Old 07-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Bill3491
Bill3491

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats!! Welcome back to the Dodge family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Jettix2

Good deal you got..........these are the same numbers I am seeing..............the dealers I've dealt with (3 of them) are $500 into dealer holdback (ie, $500 below invoice), minus the $8,000 in rebates, without having a trade-in.
post #43 of 49 Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 PM
StretchTTU
Fromunda

Send a message via AIM to StretchTTU
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtruck618 View Post
Yeah, I got the 6k. I did not get the 2k gas card, but 2k off the sticker. I also got a great trade in. About 4200k added on to my trade. The way it breaks down is like this. You get an automatic 8k off when you step on the lot. This leaves the dealer with about 4k left to deal with before they get into their "kickback" for selling the truck which is about 1400 right now. You can break the numbers down however you want. The number that is important is the "difference" in which you have when making the deal. This is what someone should compare when trading. Guys get hung up on how much they got for the trade, or how much they got off the sticker. A dealer could give you 1k for your 15k truck and take 14k off the sticker price. Or, they could make you pay sticker and give you 15k more for your trade in. It's just numbers. I got a great deal, considering that Im trading a truck in.

It is a good time to buy a truck, but not such a good time to trade a truck. It all works out. My payment barely went up on a new truck. To make more sense, there is about 12.5k you can get off on a new Ram right now. You can take that directly from the sticker or in gas cards or can add it to your trade. If they give you book price for your trade, you will not see that 4k off the sticker, it is in your trade. Just numbers...Pay attention to the difference when talking to different dealers. I save about another 1k doing this.
Good argument, but you forgot one thing. What about your interest rate or financing charges? Dealers can make a ton of money by adding a percent or two onto the contract. Gotta shop around for that.

2008 Ram 4x4- Hemi, Flex-a-lite Black Magic Extreme, Powerwire, DMH Cutout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 49 Old 07-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Jettix2

Tier I is about 5.75 for up to 72 months from 3 or 4 separate banks right now, through the dealer. That's better than I can find anywhere else.
post #45 of 49 Old 07-03-2008, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
jtruck618

(Thread Starter)
Picked the new truck up today. Took about a 10 mile drive home (I live about 4 from the dealer) and I love it. The finance rate was 4.34 through a credit union. As someone mentioned above, I am glad to be back in a Dodge. I hope everything goes well and I dont have any problems. If I can figure out how to post pics, I will.
post #46 of 49 Old 07-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Jettix2

Congrats on the new ride!!!! No regrets on the 08 versus an 09, eh? That's my big dilemma right now.........

Keep us posted on what kind of mileage you get and post up some pics!

PS, that is a SCREAMIN' good rate from your Credit Union, was that a real short term or ??? Best I can find from a Credit Union around here is 6.00 % for 72, 5.75 for 60, or 5.5 for 48.

Cheers!
post #47 of 49 Old 07-03-2008, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
jtruck618

(Thread Starter)
60 months. Not sure where you live but another credit union in my area is at 4.74. Others are real close. To join either I think you need to live in this area which is outside of St. Louis on the Illinois side of the river. The credit unions are Granite City Steel and Olin Credit union if you want to look them up and see what it takes to join. 5.75 is not too bad. I know some people who have like 7 or 8 percent. Payments get high that way.

I dont have any regrets yet getting an 08 over an 09, of course the 09's are not out yet. But, I love the look and styling of the current model. If I could pick one change it would be to have a bit more room in the back, but I can live with it. Also, I could not get near the deal on an 09 as I did on this 08. At least not anytime soon.
post #48 of 49 Old 07-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Retired DT Staff

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 0212353 Send a message via MSN to 0212353 Send a message via Yahoo to 0212353
pics pics pics!

when you go to post click on manage attachments (can't do this in the quick reply, but the normal reply), and you can upload pics from manage attachments section.

DodgeTalk Moderator / Official DodgeTalk Supporter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/ Need a quote? Email me please -

Fukken Wax Specials:
/ Join our
page!

post #49 of 49 Old 07-04-2008, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
jtruck618

(Thread Starter)
I will give the pics a try soon as I snap some.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in