ABS & Prk Brake light stays on,speedo went out same time? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 6 Old 06-21-2008, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
rutankslappin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ABS & Prk Brake light stays on,speedo went out same time?

Had my truck sitting a couple weeks,started it up and drove it a little. Noticed the parking brake light and ABS light stayed on for no reason. Looked at my speed and it was out at the same time. Anyone ever had that problem? What can I do to fix it with out going to the dealer? Maybe sensor's that control all three out? If someone has knowledge please let me know.

RG
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-21-2008, 09:07 PM
tctwg

Send a message via Yahoo to tctwg
There is a sensor, I believe on the top of you rear axle that is part of the speedo, and makes your parking brake/abs light come on if its bad. Its pretty easy to replace. Heres the part number from Dodge in case you decide to buy it. Its call a wheel speed sensor P/N 56028187AE

Military Truck Club Member #6
Dodgetalk.com 345 Enthusiast Member #41
Black Truck Club Member #131

"Off-Road" Package Club #35
HID Club Member #30
Twiggy HID Club Member #1

D2S Infiniti Bi-Xenon Projectors 6000k
D2S Projector Fog Lights 6000k
H3 KC Lights 6000k

SINGLE BEAM, DUAL BEAM, BI-XENON, BI-XENON4

post #3 of 6 Old 06-21-2008, 10:52 PM
tazman66

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctwg
There is a sensor, I believe on the top of you rear axle that is part of the speedo, and makes your parking brake/abs light come on if its bad. Its pretty easy to replace. Heres the part number from Dodge in case you decide to buy it. Its call a wheel speed sensor P/N 56028187AE

Right on.....Had an exhaust pipe hit mine and killed it....same issues....replaced sensor and all was well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-21-2008, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
rutankslappin

(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys for the help, I will chck it and see about ordering a replacement.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-22-2008, 01:10 AM
dmcelhannon
Admin - David Mack

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Mine has done the same thing; it because the battery was a little too low when you started the engine. After you drive it around a-bit, it will recharge the battery and the lights will go out after you have made three or four starts-n-stops. The longest it has ever taken for me was about three hours of running errands.

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 91K/3588hrs, 4.56 R&P/DTT, Sonnax Line Booster, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer-case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" Bridgestone Dueler A/T, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, 2-Speed DCC E-Fan Controller, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

post #6 of 6 Old 06-22-2008, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
rutankslappin

(Thread Starter)
Recharge batt

Thanks, I will try that first. If no success thhen I will replace the part mod.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in