DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camping in Alaska

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  funinak 
#1 ·
Here are a few shots of a camping trip our family took recently to Tangle Lakes campground on the Denali highway 20 miles from Paxon Alaska. It was awesome!! I just wish it wasn't so crowded!! :D Enjoy

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
yeah,it looks crowded....do they take reservations or is it 1st come.. :D

Stop teasing those of us,that have never been there.
Some day,Its on my list.

Awesome picts.. :rck:
Nice set-up you have there.How did you get the 4-wheelers there,do they go in the camper.

#4 ·
Mudchucker-The bugs weren't bad as long as the breeze was blowing! The alders were THICH with them if you went hiking off trail. Not bad though.
Silverhemidan- A friend came in to camp with us after the pics were taken with a class C towing the ATV's! It was a BLAST!! :gr_patrio

#5 ·
I just love it when you go on vacation! Great pictures.

:cool:

#6 ·
its not fair i tryed to get stationed in alaska several times when i was in the army but it never happened i would have never left if i would have made it there though.

what a beautiful place to be. i wanna move.

#7 ·
Beautiful pics!!! I would love to go there......looks so peaceful!!!

#8 ·
Next time you head up there let me know. I gotta get out of Miami.

#9 ·
There are a couple ways from land to head to Alaska,.. if any pass through let me know I'm located before the mile 0 city of Dawson Creek,.. I'm in Grande Prairie if heading through Alberta. Where I am located I'm still 1500mi from Fairbanks...

#10 ·
I have made that trip twice once driving up from TEXAS to Fairbanks ALASKA then driving back after 6 years of living up there I own a house in Fairbanks Alaska and plan on that being my summer home when I retire from the Air Force. It is Awsome up there that is by far the best place in the world to 4wheel either with your truck or 4 wheeler. Man i miss it. Great pics

#11 ·
Wow....That is still on my list of places to go, I am sure the pics don't do it any justice!

#13 ·
Wow! now that's an awesome vacation. Thanks for the pics.

#14 ·
Looks like a blast! Honestly, I've never got to go camping out here yet other than sleeping under a poncho with the Army, lol.

I've made the trip up here to Fairbanks last year in my 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse, and then this August I'll be making the trip again down to my hometown of Havre, Montana with the wife!

The only thing I was worried about was gas in my Eclipse, and now I'm terrified in my 4.7 Ram, lol. I'll be taking about 5 gas cans with me.

#15 ·
Montaska said:
Looks like a blast! Honestly, I've never got to go camping out here yet other than sleeping under a poncho with the Army, lol.

I've made the trip up here to Fairbanks last year in my 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse, and then this August I'll be making the trip again down to my hometown of Havre, Montana with the wife!

The only thing I was worried about was gas in my Eclipse, and now I'm terrified in my 4.7 Ram, lol. I'll be taking about 5 gas cans with me.
Yeah, I can't imagine how much a trip from the lower 48 would cost NOW!! I'm STILL working on getting my GTO up here from AZ and it's not cheap ANYWAY I'm figuring it. Here is a couple more shots for everyone. If you look on the map that Mudchucker attached the Denali Highway is the thin orange line that goes right by the R in Palmer and cuts across to the Healy/Denali area. It's a 135 mile mostly gravel road with some of the absolute best views imaginable. Thanks for all the comments everyone, I do feel very blessed to live in this place.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.