Low Tire Pressue Sensor - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 8 Old 03-01-2008, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
pirk56

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Low Tire Pressue Sensor

Ive got a 08 reg cab, and the other day a low tire pressure sensor came on, first off i didnt no i had that on my truck, learn new things bout it every day, but like i said it came on, all my tires look ok, took it to the dodge house today to get my oil changed, told them to look at it, and they told me it was becasue my tires were to inflated, well got in the truck and about 5 miles down the road it came back on, has any one had this had this issue, ill have to take it back to them next week
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-01-2008, 07:50 AM
duso02

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirk56
Ive got a 08 reg cab, and the other day a low tire pressure sensor came on, first off i didnt no i had that on my truck, learn new things bout it every day, but like i said it came on, all my tires look ok, took it to the dodge house today to get my oil changed, told them to look at it, and they told me it was becasue my tires were to inflated, well got in the truck and about 5 miles down the road it came back on, has any one had this had this issue, ill have to take it back to them next week
You never said you actually put a gauge on them. Is the pressure right or not? If a pressure gauge says the pressure is right but your light is on, then you possibly have a bad sensor. These systems are like an idiot light in the dash. they have a threshold and when it's crossed, it triggers the light. You may have a sensor that trips it in the wrong spot. Also, the dealer was jerking you, these sensors trip on low pressure not high pressure.

LOU

2011 Blue Ram Sport QC HEMI 4x4

Military Truck Club Member #16

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies,
the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any
group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States
Marine Corps!"-- Eleanor Roosevelt
post #3 of 8 Old 03-01-2008, 08:26 AM
canada ram

the day i picked up my 08 qc 4x4 big ho the the tire light was on ,,,,but it was -36c ,,,,tire pressure had droped because of the cold,,,,was ok when it warmed up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-01-2008, 08:45 AM
typeo44

I had a Jeep Liberty with tire pressure senors and it would also track the spare tire pressure. It was annoying on cold days, so you may want to check the spare.

06 Ram 1500 QC 4.7
K&N CAI, Gibson Split Rear Exhaust, Fold-a-Cover Tonneau, Xtreme Bedliner, Jet Stream Scoop, Fastman TB, 4.56gears w/DTT, AeroForce Scan Gauge, Slammed-1 Drop Shackles, Flex-A-Lite E-Fan w/ Moe's Shroud Delete Kit, SC 3815

Mods to Come:
Gibson Headers and a few other exterior accessories.

Military Truck Club Member #2
Silver Truck Club - Member #153
287 Enthusiast Member #209
4.56 Club Member #5
post #5 of 8 Old 03-01-2008, 02:53 PM
dmcelhannon
Admin - David Mack

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
I made this comment in the past. I believe it applies here to anyone that cant buy and properly use an air gauge.

The stupidity of the humanity is only exacerbated by the fact that morons are not culled out by predators; and stupid people breed like rabbits.

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 91K/3588hrs, 4.56 R&P/DTT, Sonnax Line Booster, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer-case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" Bridgestone Dueler A/T, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, 2-Speed DCC E-Fan Controller, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

post #6 of 8 Old 03-01-2008, 08:26 PM
piper18
Great View

I had mine go on while driving and then 30 seconds later it went off and didn't come back on.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 SLT, 5.7 Hemi MDS, Regular Cab, Long Box, 3.55 LS rear end ,17" cast wheels, Flame Red

Member of the Red Truck Club #231

Switch installed in chime circuit to turn off chime
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Installed MDS indicator light on dash ---
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tools Box w/ lights inside tided to cargo light
Custom made deer guard 2" pipe
Sportsmaster Tonneau cover w/top gun fabric
Mopar rear wheel liners
Iron Cross stainless 3" step bars
Tailgate open indicator light
9005 fog light bulbs
post #7 of 8 Old 03-01-2008, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
pirk56

(Thread Starter)
im not one of them guys that checks there air pressure in the tires every morning, to make sure i get the best mpg, i can tell when tires are low, they were not, the sensor comes off and on, and i new the guy was full of crap when he told me it was becasue it had to much air in them, i just didnt have time to deal with them, why is it so hard to find a decent dealership, ill just make sure the dealership knows i aint messin around next time i go, and make sure it gets fixed, not one to let people walk over me, and as one guy said before, it is a dummy light, bad thing is, the dummy lights never work like they are supose to, more of a pain in the a$$ than good, but owell
post #8 of 8 Old 03-02-2008, 08:49 AM
duso02

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Actually, I believe in the system and wish I had it. We all have gauges and can check our air pressure, this system was not designed to replace that. It's there for safety. Who the hell can accurately tell me what their pressure is on a long hwy trip? Your gauge isn't as useful once those tires are heated up. If you are towing a trailer and you develop a leak after that last fuel stop, you really won't know it until it's too late. This system will at least give you a head's up that something is wrong. If you didn't have an oil pressure gauge, wouldn't you at least want an idiot light?

LOU

2011 Blue Ram Sport QC HEMI 4x4

Military Truck Club Member #16

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies,
the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any
group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States
Marine Corps!"-- Eleanor Roosevelt
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in