Bought a new truck - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 25 Old 11-12-2007, 06:28 PM
dale3fan3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRamSport
I talked to a service advisor at my local dealer and he said I would void the powertrain warranty so I sent the service manager of the dealership an e-mail asking about the powertrain warranty. He sent me an e-mail reply back stating that it would only void the suspension warranty. So I guess I'm taking a risk but at least I have a paper trail to back up what I say when I take it in. I have the e-mail backed up on about 4 drives right now LOL.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.
your right the lift will do the suspention warranty the large tires will do the powertrain.... Its all in the wording
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 11-12-2007, 08:40 PM
waldershrek

Real nice truck! That will look mean with a lift I dare say.
post #23 of 25 Old 11-12-2007, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
DereksRamRide

(Thread Starter)
Thats why you keep the small tires and bring it in with the stockers LOL. 9" of lift and 275/60/20's LOL.

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
BDS 6" Suspension Lift + 2" Revtek spacer
3" PA body lift
35x12.50R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's
Borla XS Muffler with stock dual exhaust.
Bakflip F1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 Old 11-12-2007, 10:38 PM
mocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRamSport
Thats why you keep the small tires and bring it in with the stockers LOL. 9" of lift and 275/60/20's LOL.
Nice truck dude, and those bars look hot! Honestly, if you ran into a huge problem, you could easily take off the suspension lift and take it into the dealer, if it's 100% bolt on it's about impossible to tell it was lifted, it would be a ton of work, but for a expensive repair well worth it

2010 Ram 1500 QC SLT 4x4 Hemi

Gone but not forgotten.
2004.5 3500 4x4 CTD
With plenty of mods.....
post #25 of 25 Old 11-13-2007, 10:39 AM
MegaCabMan

Unless your keeping the truck forever...lift it and don't sweat it. The lifetime warranty is good for farm trucks and neons-- you know, vehicles that people drive the wheels off of. I don't think the warranty is gonna work for anyone on this forum--cause we want to make our trucks have personallity. As for the bigger tires don't go bigger than 35's on a 1/2 ton and you'll be fine.

BTW love the N-Fabs

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!!

2010 4X4 Blue/Silver 2500 Megacab Laramie CTD--this ride is frigging sweeet!

Mods
Tool Box, Visor tint strip & tint to match rear windows, LineX

Club Memberships

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in