Fram HP-1 has dents in it??? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 7 Old 11-12-2007, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
angusdevil
They call me Radio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to angusdevil
(Thread Starter)
Fram HP-1 has dents in it???

I changed my oil tonight and when I climbed under to change the filter, it had two dings in the bottom, inline pointing straight to the passenger side tire. Its an HP-1 and I know its a larger filter but what could have caused the damage. It hasn't been offroad and been down just a few gravel roads over the last few months. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (63.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (78.3 KB, 3 views)

1973 RCLB Stroker SB
REBUILD BLOG - radio1973dodge.blogspot.com
- Longtravel suspension still being built, Grabber 35" MT's, Method Wheels, 4.10's.
- Custom dash/gauge cluster, Corbeau seats, dual electric fans, most of the wiring replaced, 7" HID's, lots of other flashy and bright lights
- Fuel cell, aluminum rad, rear tranny cooler, front and rear tube bumpers, cut rear rockers and cage work ready to get started on.

Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-12-2007, 06:14 AM
adamsredlines

Any road debris getting kicked up just right could do it, or it could have had dents when you installed it and just didnt notice it.

Its not a fault of the HP-1, its just one of those things that sometimes happens.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-12-2007, 07:49 AM
MikeHTally
Got 2 Hemis

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
I would think road debris would scratch...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-12-2007, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
angusdevil
They call me Radio

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHTally
I would think road debris would scratch...
That's what I thought too. It looks more like it got bumped from something but from what, I don't know.

1973 RCLB Stroker SB
- Longtravel suspension still being built, Grabber 35" MT's, Method Wheels, 4.10's.
- Custom dash/gauge cluster, Corbeau seats, dual electric fans, most of the wiring replaced, 7" HID's, lots of other flashy and bright lights
- Fuel cell, aluminum rad, rear tranny cooler, front and rear tube bumpers, cut rear rockers and cage work ready to get started on.

post #5 of 7 Old 11-12-2007, 02:24 PM
coder

cut it open, something may have happened on the inside...

2007 Quad Cab Power Wagon
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils | Carli Control Arms | Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops | Carli Stainless Steel Damper | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Performance: Magnaflow Muffler | Magnaflow Y-Pipe
Wheels/Tires: Toyo ATII's 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Redhead Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: EBC Front Slotted Dimpled Rotors | Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | DieHard Platinum Battery G65 | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass
post #6 of 7 Old 11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
mongongo

thats what I was gonna suggest. Had a mazda b2000 that vacum crushed its oil filter for some reason. Never understood and it only happend once.

2005 Ram 1500 LT 4X4 HEMI REG.CAB
post #7 of 7 Old 11-12-2007, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
angusdevil
They call me Radio

(Thread Starter)
Hmmm... I got some time tonight to do that. What's the best way to go about doing it? Hacksaw I would imagine or just brute force with a sawzall ?

1973 RCLB Stroker SB

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in