extra resonator? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 14 Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
nabobz
Nathan Z.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
extra resonator?

Does anyone have an extra rear resonator laying around that they'd like to get out of their garage? My new muffler sounds good but is a little too much volume. I'm thinking of putting the resonator in front of the muffler to tone it down some. I'll pay shipping and then some for your trouble. Thanks!

nabobz

2003 Hemi, Quad, Flame Red, OEM 20"s, 2wd.

God Squad since '87.
Red Truck Club Member #134
Hellas Behind the Grill Club Member #4

Sport grill inserts (Ebay), ZOMK CAI (Ebay), Truxedo Lo-Pro Cover (TruckAlterations.com), EasyLift Tailgate Torsion Bar (Ebay), Hella 500s w/100W bulbs behind grill (ebay), Jetstream Scoop (leodogg24), AirRaid Powerwire (leodogg24), TM mod (FREE!), DJM 2" lowering shackles, (sawcut64), Red Taylor 8.2mm Thundervolts, (skaarew), Monroe Reflex Shocks (Advanced Auto Parts), Debadged (Free), Hankook Ventus Tires 275/55/20(ebay), Magnaflow 12289(ebay), Aux. back-up lights (Advance Auto), 15" shorty antenna (ebay)

Future plans: Paint calipers red(have paint, need time), push button start, better sounding horn
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
Thomas Paine, (December 19, 1776)

Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-07-2007, 01:31 PM
southshore1500

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
you mean the stock one? I have the stock cat back exhaust sitting here i believe it has the resonator and the muffler. I could cut the resonator off if you wanted.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-07-2007, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
nabobz
Nathan Z.

(Thread Starter)
Couple of questions. What are its dimensions? How long would it be if you left like 2" of pipe on each side? Is it straight through? In your opinion, would it help quiet things down a little if I put it before my new muffer? Oh and any clue what shipping would be to 66062?

nabobz

God Squad since '87.

Sport grill inserts (Ebay), ZOMK CAI (Ebay), Truxedo Lo-Pro Cover (TruckAlterations.com), EasyLift Tailgate Torsion Bar (Ebay), Hella 500s w/100W bulbs behind grill (ebay), Jetstream Scoop (leodogg24), AirRaid Powerwire (leodogg24), TM mod (FREE!), DJM 2" lowering shackles, (sawcut64), Red Taylor 8.2mm Thundervolts, (skaarew), Monroe Reflex Shocks (Advanced Auto Parts), Debadged (Free), Hankook Ventus Tires 275/55/20(ebay), Magnaflow 12289(ebay), Aux. back-up lights (Advance Auto), 15" shorty antenna (ebay)

Future plans: Paint calipers red(have paint, need time), push button start, better sounding horn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 11-07-2007, 03:22 PM
RJRJRJ

i will have one in the next few weeks when i get my headers on pm me if you dont have one by then and ill hook you up

2006 Ram 5.7 (QC) bighorn edition = mineral grey
Superchips
AIR RAM - intake/scoop
Edelbrock mid's / Y-pipe + e-cutout / Wicked Flow Exhaust
post #5 of 14 Old 11-07-2007, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
nabobz
Nathan Z.

(Thread Starter)
Thanks I'll keep you in mind.

nabobz

God Squad since '87.

post #6 of 14 Old 11-08-2007, 09:40 PM
southshore1500

i measured it. The resonator is about 6" long and with 2 inches on either side if i cut it, the nit would be 10" long. the pipe is 3" Again this is just the stock one.
post #7 of 14 Old 11-12-2007, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
nabobz
Nathan Z.

(Thread Starter)
Would you be interested in sending me the whole tail pipe? I figure if its already on there I wouldn't have to cut anything in front of the muffler. Any ideas what shipping would be to Olathe, KS 66062? Thanks

nabobz

God Squad since '87.

post #8 of 14 Old 11-12-2007, 01:55 PM
southshore1500

yeha no problem, its sitting in my basement. let me get back to you with shipping prices cool? it s the stock exhaust from a 2006 4.7 QC/SB
post #9 of 14 Old 11-12-2007, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
nabobz
Nathan Z.

(Thread Starter)
Ok I have to ask, is your resonator the little round bump in the piping or is it the bigger rectangular one? I'm looking for the bigger one to help cut down some of my volume. I'm sorry, I didn't even think to ask which motor you had.

nabobz

God Squad since '87.

post #10 of 14 Old 11-12-2007, 11:52 PM
southshore1500

i only had one on my 2006, its the little bump
post #11 of 14 Old 11-13-2007, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
nabobz
Nathan Z.

(Thread Starter)
Honestly I don't know if that would do anything for me or not. What do you think? I think it sounds great but the wife thinks its too loud and I have a kid on the way around Christmas. Do you think the little resonator would tone it down any? Anyone else reading this think it would help any?

nabobz

God Squad since '87.

post #12 of 14 Old 11-13-2007, 09:48 AM
MegaCabMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabobz
Honestly I don't know if that would do anything for me or not. What do you think? I think it sounds great but the wife thinks its too loud and I have a kid on the way around Christmas. Do you think the little resonator would tone it down any? Anyone else reading this think it would help any?
Honestly, I don't think you need to do anything. Right now your wife is hormonal and in nesting mode...don't sweat it, it will pass. As for the kid, a rumbling exhaust note resembles the sounds they hear in the womb and will lull him or her right to sleep. (I don't know if that is true but it sounds good, and hell your wife may even buy it?) Before you tell her this go the dealer and get a quote to have the stock system re-instilled—this will likely be quite high. Show your wife the astronomically high estimate and tell her you think that this money would be better spent on diapers and what-not, yea this may induce a shopping episode that you may have to attend. Remember it’s all in the name of a kick ass truck.

Hope this helps you from having to ruin a great sounding exhaust.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!!

2010 4X4 Blue/Silver 2500 Megacab Laramie CTD--this ride is frigging sweeet!

Mods
Tool Box, Visor tint strip & tint to match rear windows, LineX

Club Memberships

post #13 of 14 Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 AM
MegaCabMan

BTW on my '06 the resinator looks like a mini muffler.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!!

2010 4X4 Blue/Silver 2500 Megacab Laramie CTD--this ride is frigging sweeet!

Mods
Tool Box, Visor tint strip & tint to match rear windows, LineX

Club Memberships

post #14 of 14 Old 11-13-2007, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
nabobz
Nathan Z.

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaCabMan
Honestly, I don't think you need to do anything. Right now your wife is hormonal and in nesting mode...don't sweat it, it will pass. As for the kid, a rumbling exhaust note resembles the sounds they hear in the womb and will lull him or her right to sleep. (I don't know if that is true but it sounds good, and hell your wife may even buy it?) Before you tell her this go the dealer and get a quote to have the stock system re-instilled—this will likely be quite high. Show your wife the astronomically high estimate and tell her you think that this money would be better spent on diapers and what-not, yea this may induce a shopping episode that you may have to attend. Remember it’s all in the name of a kick ass truck.

Hope this helps you from having to ruin a great sounding exhaust.
You're probably right on the hormonal part. Unfortunately I replaced the muffler so she knows that I can put it back if I have to. Personally I like it but it has lots of drone that just kills my head. I'm hoping to cut down on some of that. I probly should have went with a slightly larger muffler but I got a great deal on ebay on this one.

nabobz

God Squad since '87.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in