I'm a traitor - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 31 Old 07-01-2008, 08:06 PM
GrimReaper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
do wat you got to do, im fighting over the same thing myself

03 QCSB 2X4 HEMI SOLD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 Old 07-01-2008, 09:24 PM
VengefulHemi
Rollin On 4:56's

dont sweat it bro. as adults, thats what we learn throughout life experience. we eventually will teach our kids what you have done to understand how to weigh all the factors and come to a sensible decision. and thats what you have done. all this crap with the realestate values and economy wont last forever. you did what you felt was right, and i give you and the misses a big ! it blows that it came to this, but always know you did what needed to be done. lots of luck to you and the family. stick around here.

05/Hemi/QC/FlameRed/2WD

Exterior Mods: Willmore Quad Length Nerfs(colormatched)/Debaged/SilverStars-in Fogs/Extang BlackMax Tonneau-Red/Color Matched Handles,Mirrors,Cowl,Antenna Thingy/Recon Smoked Rooflights(Colormatched-Red)
SRT10(Mopar) Hood/Bumpers-F&R(powdercoated-colormatched)/Blackedout(completely)Headlights(500deg paint&clearcoat)/ HID's(4300k)/tctwg(a.k.a.-Tim)Wiring Harness

Tires: Toyo Proxes ST 11's(Superior Traction, but too wimpy looking) I want to trade for aggressive looking ones

Suspension Mods: Leveled(2.5" Daystar Coil Spacers)

Drivetrain Mods: 4:56 Gears

Engine Mods: Jetstream Scoop/PowerWire/Homebrew Intake/SI-DO Exhaust w/Flomaster Hemi Muffler(no resonators)/Flashpaq 3815/DMH E-Cutout/Black Magic 180 Extreme E-Fan/180 T-Stat

Interior Mods: Covercraft Sunshade

Red Truck Club Member #230
post #23 of 31 Old 07-01-2008, 10:09 PM
mojoman

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Congrat on your new rig and by the way where is the pics.

2016 2500 CC 6.4L w/ 4.10 gears SLT 4x4/Spray Bedliner/Big Horn Edition/Westin Step Bar/Front Tinted Windows/Bakflip Bed Cover/AMP Bed Step/Tailgate Assist

Dodgetalk.com 345 Entusiast Member #23
Member #109 "The Red Truck Club"

God Squad 1979 to Enternity
Preacher of the Gospel
Acts 3:19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 31 Old 07-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Thanos 02
Project Kenpachi '07-

Hate to see this happen to a fellow Dodge owner, especially of a Ram. Too bad you couldn't have parked it and found another ride instead.

****ing politicians. They're doing it to Dodge owners all over again. Remember what happened in the 70's when oil prices went ape shit, and Dodge owners began to bail out of their rides? People were giving away their Challengers, Road Runners, and Chargers for mere pennies, while others stored them away for safe keeping, refusing to let go. Count me in as one that refuses to let go.

No matter what, the Ram stays put.

THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current list of planned mods
** Rethinking Everything**

Project Kenpachi Underway (got rid of girlfriend and getting rid of the house...)

Replaced 4.7 with 5.7

post #25 of 31 Old 07-02-2008, 12:27 AM
05_ram_1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos 02 View Post
Hate to see this happen to a fellow Dodge owner, especially of a Ram. Too bad you couldn't have parked it and found another ride instead.

****ing politicians. They're doing it to Dodge owners all over again. Remember what happened in the 70's when oil prices went ape shit, and Dodge owners began to bail out of their rides? People were giving away their Challengers, Road Runners, and Chargers for mere pennies, while others stored them away for safe keeping, refusing to let go. Count me in as one that refuses to let go.

No matter what, the Ram stays put.
I wish my flipping dad would have been one of the ones that held on to his 1971 chevelle ss! Pisses me off whenever i flippin think about it, but i guess he had to do what he had to do at the time. Flippin Mo Fo!!! One day i will own one though! Times are hard these days and we must do what we have to to make it out here, so at least you realized that before things got real tuff

Parting her out now!

Interia Motorsports Big Valve Heads, Inertia (218/218 113+4 LSA) SCT, P/P TB,Pacesetters, Edge 3k stall,Cutout,E-Fan, No cats, Stock 3.92's....Totaled as of 27 Feb, 2010....Already have a Silver QC 05 SRT-10 to replace it

60ft 2.02
1/8 8.8 @ 80.1
1/4 13.86 @95.13mph...with minimal track prep!

Military Truck Club Member # 11

post #26 of 31 Old 07-02-2008, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
romac

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the support guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
Congrat on your new rig and by the way where is the pics.
I didn't think anyone would want to see em heh, but thanks for asking Here ya go:

Here's the wifes new Matrix XRS:

It has pretty much all the options, sat radio, blue tooth in car phone, 5 speed, 18 inch rims, 2.4l and we've been averaging a better than advertised 29 mpg out of it. It handles really well and the 2.4l is silky smooth. Also came with a Toyota guaranteed trade in value in x years for x dollars, and if not Toyota writes us off the difference. Pretty cool really.

My new(to me) car, the Mazda6:

Not bad for 94,000+ miles and counting

- Roman
1987 Dodge D150, RC/LB, 318 - new project. Good to have a Dodge again

2003 Mazda6i
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 RC/SB, Silver, 4.7L - Traded in

GO COWBOYS
post #27 of 31 Old 07-02-2008, 11:57 AM
dmcelhannon
Admin - David Mack

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
I hate to tell you this but I pick stuff like that out of my grill every other week. If you don’t mind the dents and dry-out skeletons, you can find those things lying around all the car-washes where in Texas.

Sorry, I had to raze you a little. I hope to see you back on DT when the oil/gas bubble pops and you’re back in a Dodge truck or at least a Dodge car.

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 91K/3588hrs, 4.56 R&P/DTT, Sonnax Line Booster, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer-case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" Bridgestone Dueler A/T, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, 2-Speed DCC E-Fan Controller, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

post #28 of 31 Old 07-02-2008, 12:36 PM
quietpeen
You've been Hijacked

Send a message via AIM to quietpeen
sorry to see anther one bite the dust, but you gotta do whats best for you. I just bought a Suzuiki DRZ400S dual sport bike to ride to work on the nice days. I agree is sucks having such a nice truck sitting in the driveway, but I don't want to have to give it up, plus I would be sooooo far upside down its not worth even thinking of trading.

Anyway I really enjoy having a street legal dirt bike now. 55+ mpg was just an excuse to get the new toy

05 Ram Daytona #08372 SLT QC 4x4 SOLD!!
Daytona Truck Club Member #19
Black Rim Club Member #2
Black Badge Club Member #3
Trucks and Bikes Club #(5)
Butch

post #29 of 31 Old 07-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Blackhemiquad
2004 Black_Hemi_QC

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Well, gas is $5.92 per u.s. gal for mid-grade here in British Columbia Canada.......my last fill up was $146.00. Still can't justify selling the truck....I'll never get what I think it's worth. Besides my truck is paid off so I guess I'll be keeping it. My wife's car I pay $450.00 per month plus $250.00 for gas which adds up to $700.00.....still cheaper to drive my truck....ugh. Sorry you had to let your rig go....

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Laramie Hemi!!

Color - Black 7 Speaker Infinity Cd Stereo with 6 CD Stacker
Tow package
Iceburg Stainless Steel Nerf Bars
Color matched Arrow Matrix Canopy
Mopar Mud Flaps
Armaguard over rail spray in box liner
BLACK TRUCK MEMBER # 46
post #30 of 31 Old 07-03-2008, 08:09 AM
stickler

$1.489 a liter diesel here yesterday. Put $156 into the Dodge, and it was only just below 1/4 tank. But I'm not complaining, it gets double the mileage my last POS F150 ever did (all time best was 12.8 mpg imperial), and the power is no comparison. That ferd couldn't keep ahead of its own shadow, and pulling a trailer was completely out of the question. I tried once and only once. A 2600 pound trailer, level ground, no wind, full throttle in 4th on a 5 speed, and couldn't maintain 50mph with everything it had. The Dodge pulls 10,000 without breathing hard and gets better mileage doing it than the ferd did empty.

07 Ram 2500 QC, 4x4 Long Box (without that it's just a large car)
5.9 CTD 48RE, 3.73 Gears, Smarty Jr, 12.50-35x17 Hancook feets
Mopar 2-way Remote Start, Espar heater, Battery Blankets,
Winter Front, Oil Pan Heater, Trans Pan Heater, High Idle Enabled,
Clearance Lights, Tow Mirrors, XM Sat Radio, GPS
Cobra 75 WX ST CB with 4' Firestick
Convenience Lights
Apparently they don't all have coin holders, but I do. Never used it though LOL!!
post #31 of 31 Old 07-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Exxon

It's nice that you find a woman that drives stick. It was heck trying to teach mine. But I gave her an incentive, if she wanted a Jeep she'll learn to drive stick. And she did, now she is learning what the transfer case lever does

'02 1500 4.7 5-spd

Current mods: Airraid tbs, Gibson SuperTruck muffler so far...
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in