DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steering Slop?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dmcelhannon 
#1 ·
My truck is an 04 and has 110K on it and recently I have had some slop in the steering wheel. I have had it aligned and it still has the slop in it and was wondering what might be the problem. I have replaced both front hub assemblies in the past 10k. My cousin has the same truck as mine with 103K and his steering as is tight as the day he got it and he hasn't had the truck aligned in 30k miles. I just ordered a new set of front shocks that should be here tommorow and all my ball joints look good so I am not really sure where to look from here. Is it possible that the bushings may be bad on the control arms. Also my steering wheel is cocked a little crooked when I am going straight down the road.

#3 ·
when they aligned it the steering wheel should be straight and they would be the first to notice if anything was loose otherwise it wouldnt align
maybe they suck or something else going on

#4 ·
the only thing that will cause slop in a rack and pinion car is loose tierod ends, inner tierod ends, the intermediate shaft, and the rack itself. shocks and control arms are not going to cause slop in the wheel.

#5 ·
hopefully it was just the alignment. I have checked the tie rod ends and they seem to be fine. I will get under there tommorow and see what I can find. I had the alignment done at the stealership and they didnt mention anything that needed to be replaced. Last time I was there they told me that my wheel bearings where going out and told me they could have them replaced the next day for $1000. Told them I would ave to wait to later and went home and ordered the parts for $300 and did it myself.

#7 ·
* subscribe *

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.