What options make up a BIG HORN edition? - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 01:18 AM
macleoud

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDodger View Post
20" wheels, 3.92, rear-slider, Sirius sat radio, chrome grille, fog lamps, and body color spears. Unless they changed it. That's what made up the Big Horn, Lonestar, and Thunder Road packages in '06 at least.

This is what my 07 "Bighorn' has but Chorme spears and mud flaps, front and rear molded ones.....

O9 QCSB SLT 4X2 Hemi
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl//Bucket Seats//20% Tint w/Brow
Air Ram Hood//K&N CAI
Line-x Bed liner//Recon Line of Fire//
Amsoil 5w-20 & oil Filter//
4th Gen Truck Club # 12//Hemi Owners Club #2012
Black Truck Club #2012 //Quad Cab Club #2012
Military Truck Club #12 Semper Fi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 AM
NJDodger
Lets go DEVILS!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to NJDodger
The Chrome stuff is usually part of a Bright package or something like that. The flaps are most likely a dealer installed item. Do you have side steps or a bug deflector?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2006 Dodge Ram
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 09:59 AM
RB24
2010 SRT8 Challenger

bighorn edition is a package that can be mixed and matched by the dealer when ordered. thats why there are so many variations. the dealer chooses what they think will sell. my 07 bighorn came with sirius, 3:92's, rear slider, chrome clad 20s and fog lamps but no bug deflector (i would have taken it off anyway), no floor mats, no door spears (would have ditched those too), or front/rear mud flaps

2010 SRT Challenger
2012 SRT 300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 03:55 PM
02patriotcrew
08Hemisilvercrew

You would think the Big Horn pkg would be like the top of the line optioned truck. It sure doesn't work that way.Why would the dealer try and sell you a SLT as a BH? I've been shopping around for an 06 -07 Ram and you see lots of better optioned "plain"SLT's than big horns. Lots of big horns dont have power slider or power seat and little stuff like wood trim. So does anybody know what the bh pkg consists of...lol..........
post #25 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Zapper2003
EWTC #174

Send a message via AIM to Zapper2003
my 05 1500 SLT has aluminum 20's with 20" steel spare, heated power mirrors, LSD 3.92 gears, cloth interior, power drivers seat and thats about it for special stuff as far as i know. no big-horn here.
post #26 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 04:21 PM
NJDodger
Lets go DEVILS!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to NJDodger
Here's my sticker.

2006 Dodge Ram

post #27 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 04:28 PM
02patriotcrew
08Hemisilvercrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDodger View Post
Here's my sticker.

Now thats a nicely optioned Ram! I'd be happy as hell with that truck
post #28 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 04:57 PM
psd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02patriotcrew View Post
You would think the Big Horn pkg would be like the top of the line optioned truck. It sure doesn't work that way.Why would the dealer try and sell you a SLT as a BH? I've been shopping around for an 06 -07 Ram and you see lots of better optioned "plain"SLT's than big horns. Lots of big horns dont have power slider or power seat and little stuff like wood trim. So does anybody know what the bh pkg consists of...lol..........

No, thats the Laramie. It seems to me like the BH option is something Dodge does to allow dealerships to order pick-ups to suit their local markets and slap a BH sticker on them.
post #29 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 05:08 PM
RB24
2010 SRT8 Challenger

x2 psd1

2010 SRT Challenger
2012 SRT 300
post #30 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 05:13 PM
02patriotcrew
08Hemisilvercrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by psd1 View Post
No, thats the Laramie. It seems to me like the BH option is something Dodge does to allow dealerships to order pick-ups to suit their local markets and slap a BH sticker on them.
Yeah, I think you've hit it on the head!
post #31 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Shots
Don't fear the sheepdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Ok, since all of this has got me wondering, I pulled out my window sticker to see what's actually part of the package. My listed items for the Big Horn package are exactly what NJDodger has for his ThunderRoad package.
So I did a little research. The Big Horn is a set package. The LoneStar, and ThunderRoad packages are identical to it, but the name is set to target different areas of the county. Some do make it to areas that weren't targeted for the name, but it's not big deal, it's all the same. I've seen LoneStars up north here, when the tag was obviously targeted toward TX buyers, but the items in the package remain the same.
Anyway. In 2007 the B.H., L.S., and T.R., include:
  • 275/60/20 BSW All Season Tires
  • 20" X 9.0" Aluminum Wheels
  • package specific badge
  • Sirius Satellite Digital Radio w/ 1 year service
  • Chrome (aka Bright) Surround and Grille
  • 20" Spare wheel
  • 3.92 Axle Ratio
  • Fog Lamps
  • Rear Sliding Window

In 2008 the package was changed, and the slider was upgraded to a power slider as part of the package. Aside from that I can't find any other details on the 2008 B.H. package, so the rest should be the same for it. From what I understand, in 2009, they are calling the SLT a Big Horn, but I'm not sure of that one. Anyway, here's a shot of my sticker, which lists the exact same options as NJDodger's sticker does. All other options are just options, not part of that package.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BH package.jpg (228.5 KB, 0 views)

Shots:
2014 CC Sport 4x4

Mods:
Level / Zone lift / Tint 50 fronts 10 backs / Custom BedRug / Extang Solid Fold / Partial Debadge / Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 315-70-17 on Classic III rims / PSI Autorestyling flares / Pacer cab lights

If only you could understand what it's like to go home to your family, greeted with smiles and kisses like any other day, and not have the heart to tell them you almost didn't make it home. Respect those who protect and serve.
The unwanted, being underpaid, who will go unappreciated, doing the unthinkable, for the ungrateful.
post #32 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Bigjon010

The Infinity and Steering Wheel Controls are part of the "Prefferred Equipment Package," or that is what it is listed under on my 2008.

The crome clad wheels are listed as a $400 upgrade.

I saw they were painted plastic, said hell no, and told them to keep them and swapped them for the aluminum alloy rally style wheels.

I could just see a rock bouncing up and cracking the plastic wheel covers.
post #33 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 08:38 PM
mitchman

Don't forget the ones the dealer forgets to put the emblems on. I got a lil irritated when my 06 thunder road didn't say thunder road on the side.
post #34 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 08:49 PM
CJCohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02patriotcrew View Post
Lots of big horns dont have power slider or power seat and little stuff like wood trim. So does anybody know what the bh pkg consists of...lol..........

<shrug> I have power slider and wood grain in my truck, and Shots your right on about the name badges being geard to the areas. That being said though I've seen all three up here in western NY, and of couse I have the BH myself.

2006 RAM HEMI 5.7L SLT QC/SB
BBK Shorty headers
Magnaflow Y-pipe and Cat Back System
Cutout
Diablo Sport Predator
CAI W/Jet Stream Scoop
Power Wire
2" HBS Level
35" Nitto Terra Grapplers on 18X10 MB Motoring Blitz

Awaiting Install: Crazy Jay Cam, 180 T Stat
Mods to come: E Fan, 3" Body lift
post #35 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Fatalwishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjon010 View Post
The Infinity and Steering Wheel Controls are part of the "Prefferred Equipment Package," or that is what it is listed under on my 2008.

The crome clad wheels are listed as a $400 upgrade.

I saw they were painted plastic, said hell no, and told them to keep them and swapped them for the aluminum alloy rally style wheels.

I could just see a rock bouncing up and cracking the plastic wheel covers.
See I thought they were a downgrade at first. They took Aluminum Alloy rims and glued plastic chrome plates to them and charged another $400 for them? I guess they are upgrades. Screw that. Maybe they had a bunch of defective looking Alloy rims they needed to get rid of so they came up with a quick fix. I thought from a distance they were stainless steel polished rims and would be bad ass. But no.....

They should take the warning labels off of everything and let stupidity sort itself out.

White 2011 RAM 5.7L HEMI SLT CrewCab/SB 4X4
Sport Edition

K&N Drop in so far...lots on the way.

287 Enthusiast Member #.270
post #36 of 50 Old 01-05-2009, 09:36 PM
badws6

Here is a copy of my sticker

kinda small but it is in mt gallery and from there it can be magified

2008 RAM 1500 RAM
Big Horn

2012 Charger R/T Max
post #37 of 50 Old 01-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Damn I'm Cold

psd1 and Shots are right. 20" alum. wheels, sirius sat, chrome grille, fogs, rear slider, 3.92 axle, 20" spare and most importantly the badge, are the bare minimum for the package. Everything else is dealer add on or options.

08 Cool Vanilla Lonestar 1500
post #38 of 50 Old 01-06-2009, 05:41 PM
psd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn I'm Cold View Post
psd1 and Shots are right. 20" alum. wheels, sirius sat, chrome grille, fogs, rear slider, 3.92 axle, 20" spare and most importantly the badge, are the bare minimum for the package. Everything else is dealer add on or options.
But not necessarily the Chrome Clad 20's right?
post #39 of 50 Old 01-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Shots
Don't fear the sheepdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Right, just 20" rims. Chrome clad, or chrome aluminum is optional, and not part of the package.

Hey CJCohan, I've seen a few Thunder Road's up here in Ohio too. I haven't seen a Lone Star...... that I can remember anyway. I kinda wonder what makes them pick which package name each area would like more.

Shots:
2014 CC Sport 4x4

Mods:
Level / Zone lift / Tint 50 fronts 10 backs / Custom BedRug / Extang Solid Fold / Partial Debadge / Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 315-70-17 on Classic III rims / PSI Autorestyling flares / Pacer cab lights

If only you could understand what it's like to go home to your family, greeted with smiles and kisses like any other day, and not have the heart to tell them you almost didn't make it home. Respect those who protect and serve.
The unwanted, being underpaid, who will go unappreciated, doing the unthinkable, for the ungrateful.
post #40 of 50 Old 01-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Retired DT Staff

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 0212353 Send a message via MSN to 0212353 Send a message via Yahoo to 0212353
lonestar is only supposed to be for Texas trucks.

DodgeTalk Moderator / Official DodgeTalk Supporter

/ Need a quote? Email me please -

Fukken Wax Specials:
/ Join our
page!

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in