DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gas Spilling on Fill-ups

3K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  tinyfxds 
#1 ·
I have read some threads on here about others having this same problem.

Im to the point now where enough is enough im sick of dealing with gas running down the side of my truck every single time i fill up...no matter how much gas it takes or the gas station i go to.

Do the dealers know this is a known problem or am i going to get the run-around? I just want to be able to drop my truck off and get it fixed and not have to piss around.

This is an 08 QC Hemi by the way. Thanks.

#32 ·
Aren't things like this usually recall level problems? I thought things that were obvious mortal dangers would fall under recall. I know they do the lawsuit settlement vs. cost thing, but it sounds like a pretty dangerous problem.

#34 ·
Unless the NHTSA gets tons of complains, the problem can be linked to a number of deaths, or the problem presents itself as life treating, your answer is no. The NHTSA will leave it up to the manufacture how they want to handle the problem.

:VHOT:

#33 ·
Mine does this if you let the gas fill up at full speed. I put the nozzle in as far as it will go and put it at the slowest speed. I haven't had the problem since I started doing it that way.

#36 ·
I have the same issue I hear it and you know that silver seal you see before you put the pump hose in its gone and I see it come all the time and I ussually pick the slow pump for this truck because everyone else hates it. I have a 35 Gallon tank and because of this issue it takes me about 15 min or more to fill up. :mad:

#39 ·
After 4 days in the shop my truck is fixed. Filled up last night and it all worked well! no spillage and the pump clicked off early and I was able to round to the nearest cent on the pump. It was worth the wait!
Went though the same thing with my 07, it's been over a year and alls well.

#40 ·
I'm in NJ where we don't pump our own gas, but I did notice the other day that it looks like gas had / has been leaking out of the tank at the gas cap. When I take it in next time I'll have them take a look... (mine is an '07 that has the 34 gal tank)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.