post #1 of 7 Old 01-02-2009, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
MADCARS
member of the EH team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
wipers stuck

so today I used my wipers, which were frozen to the window when I turned them on.

now they stop about 4-6 inches higher teh they used too.

when I turn them on they go down to where they should be then go up, but still rest higher then they should.

I am guessing that there is some kind of adjustment then can be made to bring them back down to the right spot when off.

any help would be great.

03 QC Hemi if that matters

BTC Member #555, 4X4 Club # 28, Hemi Owner # 23, Quad Cab Club # 43, Truck and Trailer Club # 22, Nekkid Truck #100, Hella's Behind Grille # 53, Light Addicts Anonymous #10

Best Painted Petals on DT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
03 QC 4X4 5.7 HEMI
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nitto Trail Grappler LT295/55/20, Vararam Intake, Blacked out Headlights, Tinted Recon LED Tails , Pocket Flares, Debadged, Hella 700, Coin Holder, Full Length steps, Window Visors, Tailgate assist, TTT lighted towing mirrors, Rear Helper Bags, Billet Gas Door, Magnaflow, Superchips, Led Int & License

Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Hemioffroad8893
Adam

If they are going down first and then going up, then most likely it has moved something somewhere on the wiper trans or messed up something in the motor. It should not park in the middle of the wiper pass. You would have to take the wiper cowl off to see what happened, IMO it is most likely a motor problem. On a good side it is easy to take off the wiper arms. Hope this helps.

2004 Ram 1500 Hemi with offroad/SLT package 4x4 RC/SB

Stereo: Pioneer DEH-7800, Stinger 4 gauge wire, MTX 600XD, 2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1, 3 1/2" Polk DB's in the dash, 6X9 JBL GTO series in the doors, Directed 4 Channel, 140 amp Circuit breaker

Drivetrain: AFE low breather CAI, Aero Turbine 3030XL Dumped, Schaeffer 9000 Series Full Synthetic 5W-30 oil

Exterior: Gutter Grill, Custom hood stripes, 6K HID kit, Tinted Tails, Extang Full Tilt Tonneau cover, Fire and Ice light bar, GE Nighthawk 9005 bulb mod, 20% tint all around, Westin Platinum Series Stainless nerf bars, debadged, Firestone Destination A/T tires
post #3 of 7 Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 AM
TAGOES11S

Mine has done the same thing.... Find a fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-20-2009, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
MADCARS
member of the EH team

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAGOES11S View Post
Mine has done the same thing.... Find a fix?
nope, i took the whole cowl off, adjusted the position of the wipers tested it.

worked perfect put it all back together and the next time they did it again.

i think something is stripped in the mechanism

BTC Member #555, 4X4 Club # 28, Hemi Owner # 23, Quad Cab Club # 43, Truck and Trailer Club # 22, Nekkid Truck #100, Hella's Behind Grille # 53, Light Addicts Anonymous #10

03 QC 4X4 5.7 HEMI

Nitto Trail Grappler LT295/55/20, Vararam Intake, Blacked out Headlights, Tinted Recon LED Tails , Pocket Flares, Debadged, Hella 700, Coin Holder, Full Length steps, Window Visors, Tailgate assist, TTT lighted towing mirrors, Rear Helper Bags, Billet Gas Door, Magnaflow, Superchips, Led Int & License

post #5 of 7 Old 02-21-2009, 06:52 PM
BigBlack87

Send a message via AIM to BigBlack87
I also had this problem, havent found a solution, going to the stealership next week to get a few things checked out.

2003 Black Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab 5.9L

The '03 Night Runner

x Infinity Sound System x K&N CAI x Dual Flowmaster 40's x 15% Tint x Line of Fire LED Tailgate Strip x Tinted Tails & 3rd Brake Light x Lorado Bed Cover x Jet Stream Scoop x Shorty Antenna x Power Wire x Black Mesh Grillcraft Grille x Leveling Kit x Superchips 3815 x Edelbrock Shocks x De-Badged x 18 Inch Black Xd 778 Monster Wheels x Gooyear MT/R Kevlar Tires x

On Deck

x Sound System x 3 Inch Body Lift x Smoked Recon Cab & Tailights x Aftermarket Hood x HID's x Red Strobe Kit x

Black Truck Member #442
post #6 of 7 Old 02-23-2009, 07:57 AM
TAGOES11S

https://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...per+adjustment I just found this post on how to fix, but haven't tried it yet on mine. If you try it let me know if it fixed it.

Dan
post #7 of 7 Old 02-23-2009, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
MADCARS
member of the EH team

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAGOES11S View Post
https://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...per+adjustment I just found this post on how to fix, but haven't tried it yet on mine. If you try it let me know if it fixed it.

Dan
That pretty much describes exactly what happened to mine.

I went through all those same steps to try and adjust it as well. It did work for me but just temporarily and then they went back to 4" higher than they should be. When it warms up I will try it again but right now it is -30c

03 QC 4X4 5.7 HEMI

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in