DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Truck!

712 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  MeanThree18 
#1 ·
Well, I finally settled on my '92 Dakota, and after lots of lookin, Dis be my new whip!
1999 Ex Cab 5.2 5 speed 9.25 Diff, 3.55 (Open me thinks) 95K on the clock. Not a perfect truck, but damned sure ALOT nicer than my '92 was, and it's a 5 speed! WOOT WOOT! Today I got my 360 Intakez on there, and my old Alpine deck installed (have to pull it back out tomorrow, funyn rattle and I need to wire up my Aux Input for my XM / iPod) Here's the only picture I have of it.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice Truck! :tup: What mods do you have planned?

#3 ·
I wanna get the following:
6 piece billet (the close bar style)
Clear corners (not euro)
Stereo (Have mose all of it, just a matter of install)
Tint (Really thinking about 5%)
Tires (Same 265/75's it's got now, they look nice)
Grill Emblem
Exhaust (Just replace the muffler with a DynoMax)
Brakes (Cross Drilled or Somthing)
Paint Trim (Handles, Taillight Trim)
New Colormatch Rear bumper (It's ding'd and I don't really like chrome)

#4 ·
nice lookin truck

#5 ·
Are your tail light moldings faded? Until you get them painted you can use some tire black stuff to darken them up from the dull gray. I used Tire wax by Turtle wax. It is cream based and goes on a little better with a rag than the spray stuff.

#6 ·
djturnz said:
Are your tail light moldings faded?
No, they were covered with those god aweful RamsHead covers... (Sorry NOT my style) Needless to say, those are in the trash. I already have the colormatch paint for the truck... Picked up a couple cans today. I need to get some BullDog (I think that's what it was called) Plastic Adhesion Promoter, and some primmer. Then they'll be Red (Along with the handles I thinks...)

#7 ·
I put a DynoMax muffler on my 98 with a 5.2 and it sounds nice. It's different than a Flowmaster and that was what I was after, everyone has a Flowmaster. I wanted to go with the Ultra Flow one, but Advance Auto didn't have one in stock and I needed a muffler that day, so I ended up with a Super Turbo DynoMax.

#8 ·
I got my Ultra Flo Welded on Saturday, I was going to install it today, but this and that happened, yea, it's still sittin on the backseat. however, I did get all the welds 'cleaned up' and painted with some 1200 Degree paint. I don't know why Dynomax doesn't coat the welds, they are the first thing to rust out. I am hopin it'll make it last a few more years this way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.