DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega cabs are freaking huge and heavy

577 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Saint 
#1 ·
So my local Dodge dealer got some Megas. They had one lifted 3500 4x4 diesel and a 1500 4x4 hemi.

The Hemi 1500 4x4 sure was GVWR at 8200lbs. Holy cow. That is 2,000lbs more then the old HEMI, QC LB. That is one heavy truck.

I also looked on a 1500 4x4 QC SB hemi with the MDS, and the mileage was 15 city 19 highway. Doesn't sticker for 2005 1500 4x4 QC SB without MDS have mileage at 13city 17 highway. That sure is not a 25% improvement like they have been touting.

I loved the mega cab, the back seat leg room is awesome. I had the drivers seat all the way back and tilted back the way I like it and I still had more then enough leg room and Im 6"2". It was like 3-4 plus inches before I touched the back of the driver's seat.

The rear reclining seats are so sweet too.

Gotta have one. Love it.

#3 ·
i saw one at a distance while we were driving up to our game on friday.. it actually looked better in person than what i was expecting, of course, i didnt stop to check it out.

#4 ·
You do know that the GVWR isn't the weight of the truck, and that the Mega Cab 1500s are built on the Heavy Duty frame so that they can handle more weight. I'm not saying the Mega Cab isn't a heavy truck just that One Full Ton heavier doesn't sound right at all for two more feet of cab room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.