DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

i think i am beginning to hate my 4.7

2K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  Brudha 
#1 ·
i love my truck, how it looks, everything...but when i stomp on it it feels like im going fast, but i just dont think i am.my buddie has a 90 scion that has 100 hp...its a little ass coupe..but it was keeping up with me in a race..even the damn iforce 4.7 has 280 hp and 325 lbs of torque..chevys 4.8 i dunno im just..i love my truck i am so happy i have a dodge but sometimes i wish i had the chevy 4.8 in my truck or something becuase it feels like im putting so much money into getting more perforamnce when the reality is unless i supercharge it and or void my entire warantee i will never hang with a hemi.

am i just having a bad day or does anyone agree?

#27 ·
Depends on were the truck was bought but mine said

240 HP
300 lbs Torque

#28 ·
dskirtech said:
Bradley,

Dont be too envious of the HEMI... A Modded 4.7 CAN be one hell of an opponent for a HEMI... Just take your time and build your truck. Before you know it, You will have it setup JUST like you want it!

QUOTE]

very true Dane, and Bradley just check out Air_Rams 4.7 , his is modded and pretty quick... :rck:

#30 ·
jordanp123 said:
Depends on were the truck was bought but mine said

240 HP
300 lbs Torque

what do you mean where it was bought....how can i check on MY truck. its brand new.

#31 ·
I think they are all 235 hp now. I know in '02 when they came out the CA emissions model was 5hp less. Guys in other states were able to get the 4.7L with 240hp whereas guys like me had 235hp stock. Due to emissions control, I don't know if this is still the case though. Cuz I know the Hemi is emission regulated for all 50 states and there is no power difference between CA models and other states anymore.

KB

#32 ·
Just curious and not sounding arrogant so please all dont get bent, but the Hemi option when i bought my Ram was like an $800 dollar upgrade, thats like $15 a month more in payments.. Why not just have gotten the Hemi in the first place ????

#33 ·
yeah , but i think the transmission up grade to go to the hemi is over $1000.00 more on top of that.

#34 ·
4404spd said:
yeah , but i think the transmission up grade to go to the hemi is over $1000.00 more on top of that.
I didn't see that , but i dont really remember , all i know is with the instant factory rebate from Dodge i walked out with a leftover 04" 4x4, Hemi Ram SLT sport for $27,500 plus tax and all, but dayumm what a steal, uh Deal!!!! :rck:

#35 ·
Tommyboy1 said:
I didn't see that , but i dont really remember , all i know is with the instant factory rebate from Dodge i walked out with a leftover 04" 4x4, Hemi Ram SLT sport for $27,500 plus tax and all, but dayumm what a steal, uh Deal!!!! :rck:
yeah , you did get a good deal .

#36 ·
dskirtech- and dude... I just looked at your gallery... You have one SICK looking truck man!!! Chin up!.....ALSO, Dude.. you have the greatest mod of all of us... You have CUSTOM BATMAN BADGES!!! How bad ass is that!???!?!?

--Thanks dude, you too! I like the red i know a guy who has a truck exactly like yours, just stock. What else do you plan on doing to your truck?

hillbilly technologist- It is what it is. Dumping lots of money into a truck just to run a 1/4 mile in the low 15s is absurd to me, but people do it. My advice to you is to enjoy your 4.7 Ram for what it is

- to be honest you are right in a sense. Although im not really going for the 1/4 mile or to even take it to a track ever..i just have some competitive friends and i also love putting something in my truck and then driving it and feeling the difference..i dunno maybe im weird lol

Tommyboy1- Just curious and not sounding arrogant so please all dont get bent, but the Hemi option when i bought my Ram was like an $800 dollar upgrade, thats like $15 a month more in payments.. Why not just have gotten the Hemi in the first place ????
- I would have gotten the hemi if i was allowed to. Its my first truck and my dad didnt think 345 hp was a good learning engine lol and i guess i have to agree. I love my truck and i am so thankfull that i have it and i wouldnt trade it for anything. just sometimes wish it had more power but its getting there with the mods..i like your truck a lot by the way

#37 ·
hey man dont bust your balls, tryin to hall ass with your truck everywhere, i mean where on earth are u gonna race everyday, just kick back and enjoy the V8, i look at it like this my truck is my canves(i think i misspeeld that) i enjoy mod'n it here and there i do it to be diff, from all the other rams here on DT or here in my town, sure i would love to hall ass all the time, but like somebody mentioned early'er why try to modify, and go broke when u can just be a little diff, but to each his own,

#38 ·
bradleykavin said:
- I would have gotten the hemi if i was allowed to. Its my first truck and my dad didnt think 345 hp was a good learning engine lol and i guess i have to agree. I love my truck and i am so thankfull that i have it and i wouldnt trade it for anything. just sometimes wish it had more power but its getting there with the mods..i like your truck a lot by the way

Your truck is sweet, i hear ya on the 345 hp first car thing, my first car was a new Mustang GT back in 87' and my mom had no idea what the car was, two black stripes i left in the driveway learned her quick, hahaha, enjoy your truck, it is an awsome first ride!!!

#39 ·
Buying a small V8 and then dumping cash hand-over-fist into it rather than getting the HEMI in the first place is just plain, "Penny Wise and Pound Foolish". Stop wasting your time and money, save it for the real HEMI next time around.

Just tell your Dad you're going to get a crotch-rocket motorcycle if he doesn't ante up for the Big Dawg next time......

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.