DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon Coating?

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  blkHEMIqc 
#1 ·
O.k my wife has had her minivan about 6months prior to my truck. Hers is a dark maroon also a dark colour and she has not one swirlmark on her van :mad: It only gets washed when I do it and after detailing the Hemi bus I am about done (so not very often/the HEmi comes first ;) ;) ). The only thing I can think of is that when she bought hers we added the exterior Teflon coating (which I thought was bogus). So this weekend Iwas detailing her van and was amazed that the thing without polish or wax looked showroom new! Anyone else hear of this and why doesn't dodge offer it on their vehicles?

#3 ·
It's like a non-stick frying pan on your truck!

#4 ·
breick said:
I have an appointment to get this done next month. The dealer claims I will never have to wax my truck again. They claim bugs, tar, salt, etc. will just slide right off. We'll see...
What's the cost? Does that include prep, i.e. claybar? I have a couple of trucks I'd like to get done!

#5 ·
I got the interior/exterior package. Interior is like Armor-All on the leather and carpet, but guaranteed not to stain or they will replace it. Exterior include cleaning with claybar and a neutralizer and the apply Teflon. Guaranteed for 5 years...even the shine. I paid $425 for both...

#6 ·
breick said:
I got the interior/exterior package. Interior is like Armor-All on the leather and carpet, but guaranteed not to stain or they will replace it. Exterior include cleaning with claybar and a neutralizer and the apply Teflon. Guaranteed for 5 years...even the shine. I paid $425 for both...
Good deal man. Thanks for the info.

#7 ·
breick said:
You got that from the Dealership?

#8 ·
Yes, they have an aftermarket department. They also do their own spray-in bedliners. I will have to look at the brochure (it's at home) to see what company they get the products through... They also do undercoating. but I didn't get that.

#11 ·
breick said:
Yes, they have an aftermarket department. They also do their own spray-in bedliners. I will have to look at the brochure (it's at home) to see what company they get the products through... They also do undercoating. but I didn't get that.
Thanks for the info. I wonder if not all dealers offer this because my dealer did not offer anything like that. I certainly would have gotten it.

#12 ·
I got this done at the dealer with my 03 1500QC. they called it "permaplate" It was nice while it lasted, but after a few months it was like it was never done. I washed/dried/claybar-ed/waxed/hand buffed my dually last weekend and it took me almost 8 hours! Almost need a pit crew with that mutch relistate to take care of...lol

#13 ·
I have been using a Teflon polish for about 10 years. My first job was at a detail shop a friend of mine owned and he introduced me to it. It's a 2 step process, 1st step is a cleaner that you use to get any dirt, light scratches, and swirl marks out. The next step is to apply the Teflon. You really should buff it on using a low speed orbital buffer, but you can do it by hand. As far as never having to wax the vehicle again is somewhat true. We would always advise to do it 1 time a year just to build the luster up. The company that makes the Teflon says they will guarantee it for 10 years. I think that is why dealers always tell you that you never have to wax it again because your avg person will not keep a vehicle that long. I think the last time I purchased 1 gallon of the cleaner, and 1 gallon of Teflon I paid around $50.00. And that will last me about 2 years doing 5 cars 3-4 times a year. I do it my self and usually do it every 3 months just because i like to keep the vehicles nice and smooth. Plus it relieves my stress..LOL. If anyone is interestwed in where to purchase let me know and when i get home I will post the WWW.

#14 ·
05CTDRKS said:
I got this done at the dealer with my 03 1500QC. they called it "permaplate" It was nice while it lasted, but after a few months it was like it was never done. I washed/dried/claybar-ed/waxed/hand buffed my dually last weekend and it took me almost 8 hours! Almost need a pit crew with that mutch relistate to take care of...lol
:thatfunny

N I thought I had it bad :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.