Torsion Bar Source - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

Closed Thread

post #1 of 2 Old 10-29-2018, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Mr onetwo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Torsion Bar Source

Hey all, I just purchased a really clean 1992 LE 4x4 club cab originally from Cali (no rust) and have a few questions.I have never owned a 1st gen...always had 2nd gen Daks.Do the torsion bars swap side to side or are they left and right? Also, does anyone have any sources for replacement bars?Have searched and can't find anything. Will later bars fit?Supreme Suspensions lists a lift key that fits from 1987 up to 2004....do these keys actually fit all years? My truck has the 5.2 V8 with the 2000lb bars...part#4322518-9 according to my parts book.It does not say L or R, but the parts places list different superseded parts numbers side to side and none available.Thanks for the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00E0E_dmXrBqcRbJ4_1200x900.jpg (180.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2119.JPG (453.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg torsion bars.JPG (614.0 KB, 8 views)
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-03-2018, 11:24 PM
RalphP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The numbers indicate the left (4322518) and right (4322519) bars.

So, no, they most likely don't swap.

Plus, the bars are NLA from Chrysler; and I haven't found anybody who'll make ones to fit.

RwP
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in