AZRACER's wiring diagram for off highway lighting - 2009 specific - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #1 of 3 Old 09-27-2010, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
crawler#976

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
AZRACER's wiring diagram for off highway lighting - 2009 specific

AZRACER provided me with the info needed to wire up lights to the high beam circuit. Per a request from the Cactus Red Mod thread, I'm posting up KP's diagram. Since I already had a fuzed hot wire run into the old switch I decided to go with option #2 and ran a second wire in from the high beam circuit to a new On Off On switch.

Thanks again KP!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg light%20diagram.jpg (80.2 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by crawler#976; 09-27-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-27-2010, 01:33 PM
azracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler#976 View Post
AZRACER provided me with the info needed to wire up lights to the high beam circuit. Per a request from the Cactus Red Mod thread, I'm posting up KP's diagram. Since I already had a fuzed hot wire run into the old switch I decided to go with option #2 and ran a second wire in from the high beam circuit to a new On Off On switch.

Thanks again KP!
That's a little embarrassing
I cant spell, can't draw and now my sad attempt at those two things is public domain

However we should post the easy way to do a single single relay and switch for those who want only one simple set of lights on the truck using only one relay for that set of lights. Note: The only thing that is 09 PW specific though is the high beam wire color code all the rest is generic for any automotive light application.

Quote:
I should also point out that there is a simpler way but you should only use it for the one set of lights on a single relay due to OEM light load restrictions of the ECM output. You can't easily add other high/low controlled circuits to this same mix. It also requires the high beam wire to be routed from the headlight back through the firewall and into the cab.

You simply use one relay wired as #2 relay above. Run the relay terminal 85 direct to ground and run terminal 86 to the center pole of an on- off -on switch and run the ignition switched power from the cig lighter to the top pole of that switch. Then the high beam wire to the bottom pole on that switch. Now you can switch it one way it turns on the lights if the ignition is on. Switch it the other way and the lights come on only with the high beams. It is simpler. Most folks I believe that do the single set of lights do it in this manner. I prefer having more options available for additional lighting choices so I go the more complicated route as drawn above.

KP
post #3 of 3 Old 09-27-2010, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
crawler#976

(Thread Starter)
Ah shux KP - It's all good info, and thats what we need! It really is nice having the 4 laser beams wired into the dimmer. I owe ya some

Sarchasm : The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in