DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums - View Single Post - 07 pt cruiser.......trouble keeping engine running
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 05-29-2018, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
circeseye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
07 pt cruiser.......trouble keeping engine running

been through the mill with this thing....
replaced entire fuel pump assembly
replaced cam sensor
replaced crank sensor
through out all this i have had no codes to go on.....no check engine light...nothing.
it has anew battery

it started by dieing randomly and wouldnt start back up. i determined the fuel pump was bad. replaced it and it ran perfectly for a week. then boom died. but would restart after a min or 2.
replaced cam sensor.....no change
replaced crank... started but died after a minute wouldnt restart.....exchanged it for another crank sensor thinking it was bad....same thing.
let sit for a couple days (got tired of dealing with it) went out and it started right up...stayed idling for about 5 minutes (idle seemed low thou). backed it up and moved it it to a different spot in driveway...reved it a couple times seemed good...idled for a min and died....wont start back up

so now im at the point where do i look now...like i said codes, no nothing as far as i can tell the wiring to the cam/ crank sensor is fine...im pulling my hair out now....ANY help will be greatly appreciated

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome